sharetrader
Page 29 of 54 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Last years story but meaningless with what’s happening now.

Bit disappointed they didn’t conjure up a number like $2m impact of Covid instead of saying no Covid.

Main reference to future is we are resilient so sort of OK but no divie at moment

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...89/325141.pdf3
    Well, lets face it - every report is last years story - but still - quite solid result. They managed to get all divisions back into profitability, particularly pleased about the increased earnings at the doctors and at the community services division.

Despite some non cash write offs (the still rather new CEO creating a favorable baseline for future gains?) still EPS of 9.4 cents.

Overall - not really a growth story (though the recession might offer some buying opportunities), but hey - whats wrong with a solid health company with a (long-term average) PE of 10? Sure - SP unlikely to double in a hurry, but in my view as well unlikely to be cut in half.

They did hold the dividend payment back, but unless terrible things happen divi's will be reinstated in November.

Discl: hold;
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Well, lets face it - every report is last years story - but still - quite solid result. They managed to get all divisions back into profitability, particularly pleased about the increased earnings at the doctors and at the community services division.

Despite some non cash write offs (the still rather new CEO creating a favorable baseline for future gains?) still EPS of 9.4 cents.

Overall - not really a growth story (though the recession might offer some buying opportunities), but hey - whats wrong with a solid health company with a (long-term average) PE of 10? Sure - SP unlikely to double in a hurry, but in my view as well unlikely to be cut in half.

They did hold the dividend payment back, but unless terrible things happen divi's will be reinstated in November.

Discl: hold;
    I do wonder about the companies holding dividends back. If they don't use the cash, there may be some special dividends or raised dividend opportunities. Pwrhaps using cash to increase efficient infrastructure and technology to reduce costs.

No doubt some cost cutting will be happening and I believe less profitable pharmacies will be getting trimmed from the waist (waste) line.

The healthcare & health professional side is where I see considerable potential.

Some synergies with companies from New Zealand and Australia providing products (Blackmores) could help keep the business moving forward.

I would like to see more online purchasing information and working at increasing home deliveries like what one competitor Chemist Warehouse are doing.

Don't let the home turf advantage slip away.

Default Nothing to see here

Two weeks out from information release date and the share spikes into a higher average sales volume and price goes up 5%+

Must be a convenient coincidence

Disc. Hold

Quote Originally Posted by Food4Thought View Post
    Two weeks out from information release date and the share spikes into a higher average sales volume and price goes up 5%+

Must be a convenient coincidence

Disc. Hold
    doesnt mean the person buying knows anything
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    doesnt mean the person buying knows anything
    Converse is also true. And what I want to believe. Volume up a bit as well. Fingers crossed.
    Disc: Hopeful holder
    Last edited by RTM; 10-07-2020 at 03:38 PM.

Legend

Sorry to cause a minor SP ripple for the few I grabbed today -- maybe GXH is more tightly held + SP sensitive than some thought after all

Anyone done any sums on the rough % of shares out there that are likely to be on the loose, & not in hands of Longer Term Large stake holders ?
    Last edited by nztx; 10-07-2020 at 10:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nztx View Post
    Sorry to cause a minor SP ripple for the few I grabbed today -- maybe GXH is more tightly held + SP sensitive than some thought after all

Anyone done any sums on the rough % of shares out there that are likely to be on the loose, & not in hands of Longer Term Large stake holders ?
    Next annual report (9 days to go ) will give you the up to date data. According to last years annual report:

Top 2 shareholders hold more than 64% of the company.

Top 10 shareholders (each holding more than 1,000,000 shares, including above) hold above 75% of the company

Top 21 shareholders (each holding more than 500 k shares, including above) hold more than 81% of the company.

GXH majors.JPG

If you want the number of "loose" shares, just deduct above numbers from 100% :
    Last edited by BlackPeter; 11-07-2020 at 10:55 AM.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

percy

Called into The Chemist Warehouse,South City this afternoon.Paid just $17.09 for 60 AiOra bone + joint tablets,which was even cheaper than their online price of $21.59.A lot of people in store.
    They were flat out.Line up to pay,and four tills getting through the customers very quickly.What a business.?
    If I were a GXH shareholder I would have cause to be very concerned.
    Last edited by percy; 17-07-2020 at 06:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Called into The Chemist Warehouse,South City this afternoon.Paid just $17.09 for 60 AiOra bone + joint tablets,which was even cheaper than their online price of $21.59.A lot of people in store.
    They were flat out.Line up to pay,and four tills getting through the customers very quickly.What a business.?
    2 or 3 years ago I almost bought into GXH and ended up not going through just because I'm so uncomfortable investing in retail stocks and the rumors of Chemist Warehouse.

I feel pretty good about my decision now considering the response from GXH has been incredibly tame. I thought that they would've and could've doubled down on the online side of the business. Yes it does cannibalise sales of your existing stores, but if you don't do it then somebody else (CW) is going to anyways. It also opens up the business to new customers.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Bit of a rubbish shop though, just rows and rows of vitamin pills. Once the novelty of checking it out wears off can see it becoming much quieter. I miss the New World that was in that spot. Used to enjoy having lunch in the centre before doing the weekly shop.
    South City has been much quieter since losing its main attraction.