sharetrader
Page 11 of 54 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by James108 View Post
    Did anyone go to the annual meeting?
    I wish I was able to go James. With the S/P rising at a steady rate, there must have been some great snacks on offer at the annualmeeting. I am also keen to hear from anyone who attend the meeting.

No great snacks at the AGM. Just your regular type muffins, apple or blueberry, if my memory is correct. Nothing extraordinary was revealed at the meeting. Really, if you read the transcript of Peter Mertons address then you're pretty much in the loop. He did add that they expect opportunities to arise in the healthcare field, but also said that it was hard work out there, especially in retail. As for the recent rise in the share-price, I doubt if it is anything to do with anything said at the AGM. My guess is that a fund has decided to take a stake, or increase an existing holding. Because this company is so tightly held, they have had to bid up the price. The top twenty or so shareholders control about 80% of the stock. While one shouldn't grumble at a rising share-price, I was quite happy buying the stock at around $1.20, but it would seem as though those days are now in the past.
    Last edited by zigzag; 08-08-2014 at 10:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zigzag View Post
    No great snacks at the AGM. Just your regular type muffins, apple or blueberry, if my memory is correct. Nothing extraordinary was revealed at the meeting. Really, if you read the transcript of Peter Mertons address then you're pretty much in the loop. He did add that they expect opportunities to arise in the healthcare field, but also said that it was hard work out there, especially in retail. As for the recent rise in the share-price, I doubt if it is anything to do with anything said at the AGM. My guess is that a fund has decided to take a stake, or increase an existing holding. Because this company is so tightly held, they have had to bid up the price. The top twenty or so shareholders control about 80% of the stock. While one shouldn't grumble at a rising share-price, I was quite happy buying the stock at around $1.20, but it would seem as though those days are now in the past.
    How is the NZ flu season going? Long winter?
    Thanks for the info on how tightly held it is. That was my understanding too. Hence the low volumes and the increasing price. Kind of like how Briscoes use to be. Then again... I could be wrong. I like the tightly held aspect. Shows good support and clever thinking, why have many many small holders.

Up and coming dividend. Any one know what the divi may be?

Very happy with recent acquisitions by GXH. Pity I didn't get in at $1.15 when the stock was on my watchlist but management certainly seems hell-bent on a expansion into healthcare which looks a better long-term play than retail in pharmacy businesses. I wonder if we'll see them sell off that arm of the business in years to come?

Hi Benjitara. I don't believe they will sell the pharmacy side out too quickly. On another matter if someone visits the doctors, they need a pharmacy, more doctors visits, more pharmacy use. Growing population with a dependence on doctor prescribed remedies. I look at America in regards to the growth of prescription rates. For me, this one is a keeper long term. Most interested in the up and coming dividend news... when ever this may be. I wish they would offer more shares to current holders to raise capital for further expansion/acquisition as well.

Quote Originally Posted by benjitara View Post
    Very happy with recent acquisitions by GXH. Pity I didn't get in at $1.15 when the stock was on my watchlist but management certainly seems hell-bent on a expansion into healthcare which looks a better long-term play than retail in pharmacy businesses. I wonder if we'll see them sell off that arm of the business in years to come?

Quote Originally Posted by Food4Thought View Post
    Hi Benjitara. I don't believe they will sell the pharmacy side out too quickly. On another matter if someone visits the doctors, they need a pharmacy, more doctors visits, more pharmacy use. Growing population with a dependence on doctor prescribed remedies. I look at America in regards to the growth of prescription rates. For me, this one is a keeper long term. Most interested in the up and coming dividend news... when ever this may be. I wish they would offer more shares to current holders to raise capital for further expansion/acquisition as well.
    I agree that this now a long term hold. With pharmacy retail stagnant I think they are on the right track with recent actions.... It'll be a nice ride over the next few years with this one.

if i didnt pick snk and sli this stock may have had me leading the competition lol
    one step ahead of the herd

Default GXH DRP due date?

Anyone know when the DRP shares would hit your holiday for GXH?

Very Merry Christmas to all the GXH holders and people who bother to read this thread. Let 2015 be another excellent year.

Share Collector

Quote Originally Posted by Food4Thought View Post
    Anyone know when the DRP shares would hit your holiday for GXH?

Very Merry Christmas to all the GXH holders and people who bother to read this thread. Let 2015 be another excellent year.
    You will have received them on Friday at $2.115 per share:
    https://www.nzx.com/files/attachments/206004.pdf