sharetrader
Page 18 of 54 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast
    Guru

Cannot quite understand the recent price increase bearing in mind the entry into N Z of the Aussie discount chemist which has captured such a meaningful share of that market, but time will tell.

Hmm this is interesting, possible news incoming soon? Unless this is a sharp correction in the downturn.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Well buying GXH on a PE of 12.9 while their [EBO] PE is 21.19 would be seen as eps accrective.
    EBO's 40% shareholder Zuellig, already is a joint holder with Andrew Bagnell via Peter Merton of control of GXH,so it would depend on either Andrew Bagnall wanting to sell,or EBO,Zuellig making an acceptable offer to Bagnall.
    I have always thought Bagnall, with his interest in planes and cars, would be happier having a large holding in TRA.
    Interesting things happening in Australia, with The Chemist Wholesale putting their supply wholesaler/distributor up for "tender".
    The fun would be if Ebos won that agreement
    /contract.
    Chemist Warehouse tending towards an IPO rather than a trade sale.

They touting as being worth $5 billion as well.

Maybe astute punters have taken this on board and applied same sort of multiples to GXH and worked they are cheap cheap cheap ......or maybe Chemist Warehouse have thought about buying GXH
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

percy

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Chemist Warehouse tending towards an IPO rather than a trade sale.

They touting as being worth $5 billion as well.

Maybe astute punters have taken this on board and applied same sort of multiples to GXH and worked they are cheap cheap cheap ......or maybe Chemist Warehouse have thought about buying GXH
    To buy GXH you would have to get the major shareholders Bagnall and Merton on board.The Merton holding is tied up by Zuellig who are 40% owner of EBO.With EBO bidding for The Chemist Warehouse's wholesaler contract,it could be said "we live in interesting times."

Quote Originally Posted by Nasi Goreng View Post
    I’m an online shopper for heaps of stuff but have rarely bought any medical supplies online.

Lets face it, when you are sick, you tend to want medical supplies asap. I can’t imagine too many people leaving their doctors with a script and then ordering online.
    yeh this is the advantage GXH have, those locations right next to the doctors office. of course the money is made on the other products not the antibiotics etc, but one thing (purchase) leads to another....which is of course a song by The Fixx - ​perfect!
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

I have been buying stuff on chemistwarehouse.au for the past year now.

Cologne, anti-histamines, toothpaste, shampoo etc.

Orders are usually free shipping for me and are received within 4 days... dirt cheap as well.

Telfast 180mg fexofenadine HCL NZD per pill

Life Pharmacy = NZD 0.92 pp
    C. Warehouse = NZD 0.47 pp -49%

Nicorette gum 2mg NZD per piece

Life Pharmacy = NZD 0.39 pp
    C. Warehouse = NZD 0.22 pp -43%

Lower prices are across the board with most OTC medicines on offer.

Until virtual doctors visits are finally introduced here, I will be getting scripts from the local chemist.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by hardt View Post
    I have been buying stuff on chemistwarehouse.au for the past year now.

Cologne, anti-histamines, toothpaste, shampoo etc.

Orders are usually free shipping for me and are received within 4 days... dirt cheap as well.

Telfast 180mg fexofenadine HCL NZD per pill

Life Pharmacy = NZD 0.92 pp
    C. Warehouse = NZD 0.47 pp -49%

Nicorette gum 2mg NZD per piece

Life Pharmacy = NZD 0.39 pp
    C. Warehouse = NZD 0.22 pp -43%

Lower prices are across the board with most OTC medicines on offer.

Until virtual doctors visits are finally introduced here, I will be getting scripts from the local chemist.
    Hardt why not when you go to the DR get a prescription for the anti histamine ? I get loratide, and usually a 3 month supply so 90 pills for the prescription cost of $ 5.00 .
    I just have a little list of what I need to stock up on , so when i sporadically goto the Dr I get a new Asthma inhaler ,Antihistamines , etc , etc as needed . Can't beat the cost of that .

Quote Originally Posted by stoploss View Post
    Hardt why not when you go to the DR get a prescription for the anti histamine ? I get loratide, and usually a 3 month supply so 90 pills for the prescription cost of $ 5.00 .
    I just have a little list of what I need to stock up on , so when i sporadically goto the Dr I get a new Asthma inhaler ,Antihistamines , etc , etc as needed . Can't beat the cost of that .
    Last doctor visit I had was in 2016...

Far lower prices across the board from CW, I wish I had a kiwi alternative...

Chemists here are more medical than retail centric... this obviously means the low prices are not on the cards.
    Last edited by hardt; 18-01-2018 at 01:45 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by hardt View Post
    Last doctor visit I had was in 2016...

Far lower prices across the board from CW, I wish I had a kiwi alternative...

Chemists here are more medical than retail centric... this obviously means the low prices are not on the cards.
    There is a C W at St Lukes in Auckland and they will mail purchases, phone them.

Quote Originally Posted by Nasi Goreng View Post
    I’m an online shopper for heaps of stuff but have rarely bought any medical supplies online.

Lets face it, when you are sick, you tend to want medical supplies asap. I can’t imagine too many people leaving their doctors with a script and then ordering online.
    Not online, but why not carrying your prescription into the next supermarket and pay only $2.50 (and sometimes no prescription fee at all) vs paying $5 per medication at the pharmacy to subsidize them for being inefficient? Many people need regular medication - all these $5 per medication do add up ...
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)