sharetrader
Page 2 of 54 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
    percy

You may find the market cap of other retailers of interest.we must remember retail is very difficult at present.
    Briscoes $275.8 mil,
    Hallensteins $488 mil,
    Kathmandu $488 mil,
    Michael Hill $271.6 mil,
    Postie Plus $14.4 mil,
    Pumpkin Patch $363.7 mil
    Smiths City $16.95 mil,
    Kirkcaldies $26.41

Percy .... this is relevant from their half year to Sept announcement last November -

The Directors note that, had the acquisition occurred on 1 April 2009 the estimated consolidated revenue of the combined organisation would have been $10,500,000, and a consolidated profit of $1,352,000 prior to abnormal costs by both companies associated with the merger of $3,456,000.

257 outlets in NZ is quite a few. They have part ownership of 29, Assume most the companies revneues come from franchise fees

Only part ownership of 29!
    PE: 8.6. I can see the market cap stretching it legs.
    mmm and EBOS has done well.. Exciting stuff, but I think i'll let the pig in the poke breath for a while before I go for it. (I dont know if I can be so brash)
    Thanks Percy btw, I appreciate it.

percy

gonzo56
    This is what I like about sharetrader,people like you bringing a share to our notice.Then we have to do some research.With good posters like winner69 we all find out a lot.Peter Merton
    Built PRNZ .I think he had 49% with Zuellig group 51%.Merton is on Ebos board and he and Zuellig are large ebos shareholders.The ebos people speak very highly of him.I will like you will be watching with interest.
    Last edited by percy; 05-04-2010 at 05:37 PM.

Bagnall's main shareholding interest I believe is as a trustee but being on the board is a postive.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Bagnall's main shareholding interest I believe is as a trustee but being on the board is a postive.
    Sorry I am getting a bit confused.Some where I think I read Bagnall and Merton,s holding was in a joint venture.I would expect he would be a trustee for say A Bagnall family trust.
    I am sure he has skin in the game.I have found researching hard as company announcements and website have got me a bit mixed up.I look forward to annual report to help me out.
    You are seeing it more clearly than me,sorry.

You might be right here Percy .... digging a bit deeper I think Bagnall has real money invested in the merged entity through his previous interests in Life ... it all does seem pretty complicated eh

I think you need to take that reported PE of 8.63 with a grain of salt as prob based on LGL reported financials which have no semblence to the merged entity

A PE of 8.63 implies NPAT of more than $4 million which seems a bit far fetched at this stage .... even with the synergies of $2m which might come through

Will be interesting to see how all this pans out

percy

I just doubled the six months profit to give 12 month profit of $2.7mil and with 99.96mil shares EPS .027 with share price of 35cents PE of 12.9 which I expect is too high.We will have to see earnings growth rate to make a better judgement on share price.That said, I cannot help but feel Merton and Bagnall are well worth watching.$34.99 mil would buy you Smiths City and Postie Plus with $3.64mil left over.I do not think we should go "rashers" on the "pig in poke" just yet!!!

On the doghouse

Quote Originally Posted by gonzo56 View Post
    LPL has been doing nothing but going down, down, down.
    Now changed their name to PHB (I'm not sure if the takeover is fully complete) the volume has increased.

What do you guys reckon about jumping on the band wagon? I know it's risky so I would'nt get more than $1,500, but I think it has potential.
    Also, owning 4 brands has got to be good right?
    I was in Blenheim last week and called into 'The Warehouse'. There was a distinct section set aside as a pharmacy. The product selection look really comprehensive and the pricing sharp. It looked like you could even get your perscriptions dispensed there (?) I hadn't seen another Warehouse done up like this before. A threat to PHB?

SNOOPY
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7