sharetrader
Page 53 of 54 FirstFirst ... 343495051525354 LastLast
    Legend

VG .. see some smarty has a sell offer @ $2

Excellent for current shareholders...

Newbie question. When the share price went from $1.35 to $1.69 then back to $1.35 again over a space of a few days why did that occur? Is it people who buy, collect dividend, then sell again?

Quote Originally Posted by kiwical View Post
    Newbie question. When the share price went from $1.35 to $1.69 then back to $1.35 again over a space of a few days why did that occur? Is it people who buy, collect dividend, then sell again?
    Would appear to be the case
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

$5 pharmacy prescription fee scrapped - a huge positive for GXH

Except Chemist Warehouse et. al. can now offer a $5 voucher for every prescription. That might draw even more into their stores.

Possibly. But not every prescription cost $5. Under 14's, repeats and people or families who have had more than 20 items are free anyway. Will they want to give them vouchers too? More difficult to market?

Yeah I dunno. If you have a prescription you just go and get it. $5 or not I thought? Be a saving personally when you get a prescription, but not sure how it will make a difference to GXH profitability.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Smith View Post
    Except Chemist Warehouse et. al. can now offer a $5 voucher for every prescription. That might draw even more into their stores.
    If they do that, will be anti-competitive and they will be sued if they do that!

GXH pharmacy business is growing again - chemist warehouse were supposed to decimate their pharmacy business - didn't happen..GXH is now stronger than ever..

Kiwical - $5 is significant money for many..$5 is per medication - if several medications are prescribed expense adds up to a significant amount..just imagine the situation for patient who are on these medications long term. Prescriptions are now dispensed every month - previously they used to dispense 3 months supply..

GXH dont get the $5 fee - but the likes of CWH were waiving the $5 fee which were leading to loss of customers for pharmacies owned by GXH

Ah I see. Thanks for the clarification. Yes, I read a media release which said in some areas customers were indeed not picking up all their prescriptions due to not being able to afford the fee(s). I see National has stated that if they get into power they will reintroduce it. Kind of strange to be so firm. This move should make a large number of voters happy, for little cost in the big scheme of things.