sharetrader
Page 7 of 54 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Food4Thought View Post
    This stock gets so little attention, why?
    Anyone got any ides on why this is falling ?. I was thinking of getting some in last few days and price just dropped.!
    Thought $1.20 was getting cheap, will hold out for $1.00 now.

Quote Originally Posted by In4a$ View Post
    Anyone got any ides on why this is falling ?. I was thinking of getting some in last few days and price just dropped.!
    Thought $1.20 was getting cheap, will hold out for $1.00 now.
    Doubt they will hit $1!, current price low, worth a look for many people looking for a more certain return and diversifying their portfolio after exiting shares that may seem a bit too risky soon. I'm all for the whole concept of PHB. Not great volumes traded, a lot of staff own shares, sell out when need the money for Xmas/holidays...

Quote Originally Posted by Food4Thought View Post
    Doubt they will hit $1!, current price low, worth a look for many people looking for a more certain return and diversifying their portfolio after exiting shares that may seem a bit too risky soon. I'm all for the whole concept of PHB. Not great volumes traded, a lot of staff own shares, sell out when need the money for Xmas/holidays...
    I agree, got some at $1.18. Been a long time holder. Top up when price drops, sell a few when it peaks. Been good to me has PHB.

Quote Originally Posted by In4a$ View Post
    I agree, got some at $1.18. Been a long time holder. Top up when price drops, sell a few when it peaks. Been good to me has PHB.
    Current price is as low as I have seen it for a while (apart from that dip to $1.10, subsequent NZX enquiry, today's answer etc). I thought PHB has an end of year Divi coming up in December. Long term, this business should align with an ageing population..., larger dependency on medical *cures (*easy way out) and perhaps be lagging a bit behind the growth of these retirement village operators... I consider PHB to be an investment with less risk, but by no means slow growth... In other markets, large pharmacy operators have done very well over the long run, and pharmaceuticals don't seem to be slowing down. Not a current glamour stock.

Share Collector

Yes, just hoping it wasn't someone with knowledge on the upcoming result - a little soon though, as not due till end of month... maybe the seller just in a rush to buy XRO

Banned

Also of govt regulations, I know some people who run pharmacies, margins are tight.

Quote Originally Posted by gv1 View Post
    Also of govt regulations, I know some people who run pharmacies, margins are tight.
    Have margins not improved (still tight) for pharmacies in the last few years as direct prescription prices have increased from $3 to $5, and prescription trend is upwards, steep. Going to the Doc for a prescription, subsidized by the government, is much more cost effective then buying direct from a pharmacy...

Also, this is a large player, buying out the small guys and putting smaller operators out of business because they offer a wide variety of services.
    (I don't see this as a great result for long time, small operators, just stating the point) Much like the Briscoes Affect in every town around New Zealand that gets one on their doorstep. Margins are tight with super markets too... volumes are up. I hear them moaning, yet still doing very well.

Quote Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
    Yes, just hoping it wasn't someone with knowledge on the upcoming result - a little soon though, as not due till end of month... maybe the seller just in a rush to buy XRO
    I also hope it's not in relation to up and coming announcement. I do often wonder about the holders of certain shares, their reasons for selling, timing etc. I hope it was someone simply needing to fund some up and coming project, or perhaps as you said Lizard, buy into XRO and perhaps make some serious money. Maybe they are after some PEB

Share Collector

Half year result looked good to me. Should be good for $1.40 for now? Currently $1.27, but feels like some distribution here still. Needs institutional interest.

I've been keeping a close eye on this one for a long time but haven't acquired any at current Share price levels. i'd become interested if there expansion into medical facilities started to ramp up. At the moment this side of the business is too small to become overly confident in increased revenues going forward. Still 10% overpriced for me to get in considering the market is peaking now and exchange rates must be helping them out a little too?