sharetrader
Page 4 of 135 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast
    Legend

Quote Originally Posted by corporateraider View Post
    Gidday elZorro

I too liked the report but I believe that only the confirmation of an increased resource will move the share price.
    Hi CorporateRaider: yes, I take your point, OCG is not a small share that can get whipped into a frenzy. Oceana are prompt with their reports though, I'm looking forward to the end of next week. There should be some new figures we can work with.

OceanaGold Q1 2010 financial results conference call / webcast
    /NOT FOR DISSEMINATION OR DISTRIBUTION IN THE UNITED STATES AND NOT FOR DISTRIBUTION TO US NEWSWIRE SERVICES/
    MELBOURNE, Australia, April 19 /CNW/ - OceanaGold Corporation's financial and operational results for the quarter ended 31 March 2010 will be released following the close of the ASX market on Thursday 29 April (Melbourne time) and will be posted on OceanaGold's website at www.oceanagold.com .

The Company will host a conference call / webcast to discuss Q1 2010 Financial Results. The call will take place at 7.30am on Friday 30 April (Melbourne time) / 5.30pm on Thursday 29 April (Toronto time).

Webcast Participants
    To register please go to the "Bulletin Board" section in the Company's website (www.oceanagold.com) or copy and paste the link below into your browser:

http://w.on24.com/r.htm?e=205881&s=1...41E000350196F9

Teleconference Participants (required for those who wish to ask questions)
    Local (toll free) dial in numbers are:
    Australia: 0011 800 287 011
    New Zealand: 00 800 450 745
    Canada & North America: 888 231 8191
    All other countries (toll): + 1 647 427 7450

Playback of Webcast
    If you are unable to attend the call, a recording will be available for viewing on the company's website from 9.30am on Friday 30 April (Melbourne time) / 7.30pm on Thursday 29 April (Toronto time).

Legend

The appointment of a new director to the board has caused some interest over on Stockhouse: they see it as linked to a possible renewed effort to get some progress at Didipio in the Phillipines. This large gold-copper mine is not really factored into the share price at the moment, and is one of the reasons why I wouldn't be surprised to see OGC double in value within a fairly short time.

http://www.infomine.com/index/pr/Pa877218.PDF

Guru

They still seem to be progressing. A mate of mine who works for them is heading up there in the near future.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    They still seem to be progressing. A mate of mine who works for them is heading up there in the near future.
    Hi SSB, I need to do some research on Didipio, it's quite important in adding to the valuation estimates, and share price. The Canadians have been having another look at that too..

http://www.stockhouse.com/Bullboards...7&l=0&pd=0&r=0

Oceana Gold is a turnaround story missed completelyby the market. After a very difficult year in 2008, when the Oceana Gold wentdown as low as 13 cents CDN, it is now emerging as one of the best run andattractive companies in the mid-tier group. Even though the stock had a good run, itis still very much undervalued compared to its peers.

The following Table, which provides a comparison between Semafo and OceanaGold, clearly shows how undervalued Oceana Gold is when compared to Semafo. The analysis provided here confirms the fact that many in this forum had emphasized again and again before – how underpriced and undervalued Oceana Gold is in comparison to its peers. Particularly glaring are the estimated values of ‘Market Cap/In Situ oz, and EV/EBITDA for these two stocks. Also as Roland pointed out earlier, significant exploration potential exists both in the existing mines and at Didipio, which can easily increase the in situ value of Oceana Gold. Once the market realizes this, Oceana Gold with its hedges now removed, could easily double from the current levels.

Comparison– Semafo vs Oceana Gold

Company Description Semafo Oceana Gold

O/S MillionShares 250.7 228

Reserves + Resources (m. oz) 6.6 9.17 (+)

Production 2009 oz 242,000 300,000

Cash Cost 2009 $463 $411

Production 2010 oz 235,000 – 260,000 270,000 - 300,000

Cash Cost 2010 $485 - $520 $455 - $495

Share Price $5.98 2.48

Market Cap (million CDN) 1499 565

Market Cap/In Situ* oz 225 62

Net Earnings - 2009 $43.5 m $54 m

EPS - 2009 .18 0.32**

Cash in Hand $60 million $30 m.

EV/EBITDA - 2010*** 10.36 5.82

* Reserves+Resources
    ** Excluding Hedges
    ***Peer Group 9.87

I feel one of the major reasons for the undervaluation of Oceana Gold is the lack of publicity and awareness about this stock amongst the Canadian investment community. In the past six months therehave been many reports from analysts from the following financial services firms about Semafo – Thomas Weisel, Blackmont Capital, Jennings Capital, BMO Capital Markets, Clarus Securities, Scotia Capital and Haywood Securities. ForOceana Gold, however, only report in the past six months came from the analyst fromThomas Wiesel and that too in November, when Oceana Stock was traded as a penny stock (See Baystreet.ca).

Please do your own DD before investing.
    Last edited by elZorro; 27-04-2010 at 08:10 PM.

Thanks to all you posters on the Didipio update there.

This is one of the aces which will be dusted off at some stage.

With the GFC sliding by I was hoping the the Didipio project might come back on the agenda.

Legend

A link to a Stockhouse post that I thought was interesting.

http://www.stockhouse.com/Bullboards...1&l=0&pd=1&r=0

The US still printing money, the noted stability/POG increase during the recent meltdown, these are all useful pointers to gold stocks of some kind in the investor's mix. But even better is to find a stock that is undervalued (by how much: wait until April 30) and a stock where brownfields exploration is working very well with subsequent Proven and Probable reserves going up faster than they can mine it. I'm not worried at all about this investment.

Legend

Quarterly results are out..

http://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/2010042...fdmv4bmjhk.pdf

http://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/2010042...f9jsk3r1g6.pdf

The reasons for higher costs per ounce and lower production are spelled out. However, nothing should stop the next quarter from being a very good one.

An interesting day's trading for the 29th April (OGC):

NZX finished NZ$3.40 vol 12,500
    ASX finished $2.63 NZ$3.37 vol 184,603
    (Then, Quarterly reports posted)
    TSX finished $2.50 NZ$3.46 vol 828,198

Which does tend to reinforce the idea that Canadians favour gold industry shares. And that our market is smaller.
    Last edited by elZorro; 30-04-2010 at 08:51 AM.

Legend

Default How will the next quarter go?

Some on the TSX are already starting to do some calculations:

http://www.stockhouse.com/Bullboards...6&l=0&pd=0&r=0

If I read the report correctly, the cost per oz recovered will drop from $550 if the plant keeps going as expected after its repair. There should also be plenty of ore stockpiled nearby to work through.

But even rough figures, assuming POG holds at least, are not much short of spectacular.

Up up and away!

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by geezy View Post
    Thanks Geezy, here's a reporter's take on the Q1 report, in Scoop.co.nz yesterday.

Oceana Gold closes out loss-making hedges
    Friday, 30 April 2010, 11:46 am
    Article: Businesswire

Oceana Gold closes out loss-making hedges for weak first-quarter result
    April 30 (BusinessWire) - Oceana Gold Ltd. has taken a one-off C$73 million hit to its balance sheet, using the bulk of the C$86.3 million in recent equity-raising to close "out of the money" foreward hedge contracts that had begun to weigh subtantially on the Australasian goldminer's results.
    Also hitting the results for the three months to March 31, released this morning, were expected reductions in production owing to mining sequencing, and unanticipated repairs to processing equipment at the Macraes mine.
    The company has been selling all gold into the spot market since April 1 and expects a much "cleaner" earnings profile now that its hedge position has been unwound. Oceana shares rose 2.35% to NZ$3.48 in trading on the NZX this morning.
    The company reported a US$1.8 million net profit, including US$16.2 million unrealised gains on undesignated hedges, compared with a US$9.1 million profit for the same period a year earlier, which included unrealised losses on undesignated hedges of US$2.3 million.
    That yielded earnings of 0.1 U.S. cents per share (6 U.S. cps in the same period a year earlier). Earnings before interest, tax, depreciation and amortisation were US$8.5 million, compared with US$31 million in the same quarter a year earlier.
    Negative cashflow from operations of US$10.3 million for the quarter compared with a cash-positive US$23 million in the March quarter of 2009.
    Gold sales for the latest quarter were down substantially at US$48. million (US$55.2 million), representing 65,041 ounces, down 22.3% on the same quarter a year earlier, caused by lower recoveries because of mining sequencing at the Macraes mine, as well as unexpected repairs to the Macraes autoclave equipment.
    "Revenue was also impacted by a decrease in the average price received as 78.4% of production was sold into 'out of the money' hedges and call options," commentary on the accounts said. "In Q4 and Q1 approximately 35% of production was delivered into hedges."
    To end this problem, Oceana used C$73 million from the proceeds of a C$86.3 million equity raising to close out all remaining undesignated forward hedge contracts for gold sales on March 31, as well as undesignated gold call options outstanding at that date. It continues to hold undesignated gold put options over 61,500 ounces with an average price of NZ$1,000.
    As a result of the hedge impact, the average gold price received in the quarter decreased to US$743 million, while cash costs of production per ounce were high at US$551, because fixed costs remained stable despite variability in mining output.
    The company said it was making good progress increasing per tonne gold recoveries from its New Zealand mines, with 2.63 grams per tonne achieved at Reefton (2.06 g/t a year earlier), and 1.22 g/t at Macraes, which is up slightly on Q4 average recoveries, but well down on a year earlier when recoveries were running at an average 2.28 g/t.