sharetrader
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Share Collector

Default ASX - Long Term Favourites

I need some more ASX stocks for the "Long Term" - the kind of shares I don't have to think about too often and am hoping some kind STer's might have some suggestions. Sort of things I'm looking for here are stocks in the $100m+ market cap. Probably high ROE/ROIC type things with a case for future growth in potential market. Plus, most importantly, a company that is well-managed and where management keep shareholders informed in a no-nonsense fashion. Prefer something that hasn't yet made it to the ASX200, but which has the potential to get there over the next few years.

(Other option apart from high ROE/ROIC would be severely beaten up cyclical with recovery path laid out AND reliable management).

Prefer to hear about stocks you actually hold and have followed for at least a year.

Plenty out there Liz.
    CUS looks allright
    TRS
    “If you're worried about falling off the bike, you’d never get on.”

How long is long term?

Veteran novice

My long term favourite for trouble-free investment - now that's tempting fate! - would have to be WOW.

Been following it ever since it listed at some miserable price many moons ago - and one day might actually buy some!

ROE of 26% in FY09, one of the best managements around, market leader in its business.

I'll give you three Lizard:

• Monadelphous
    • Monadelphous
    • Monadelphous

Quote Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
    I need some more ASX stocks for the "Long Term" - the kind of shares I don't have to think about too often and am hoping some kind STer's might have some suggestions. Sort of things I'm looking for here are stocks in the $100m+ market cap. Probably high ROE/ROIC type things with a case for future growth in potential market. Plus, most importantly, a company that is well-managed and where management keep shareholders informed in a no-nonsense fashion. Prefer something that hasn't yet made it to the ASX200, but which has the potential to get there over the next few years.

(Other option apart from high ROE/ROIC would be severely beaten up cyclical with recovery path laid out AND reliable management).

Prefer to hear about stocks you actually hold and have followed for at least a year.
    Hi Lizard

QBE- Good management/serial acquirer(with good track record)/geographically well diversified/good dividend yield(increasing every year).

I hold

Cheers

Advanced Member

Ramsay healthcare deserve a good look ,potential for growth all over europe as the old national health systems gradually privatise parts of their operations
    Last edited by ratkin; 17-04-2010 at 01:51 PM.

Share Collector

Thanks for the ideas. QBE has done really well over the years! Maybe Tony Gibbs should have a look at that as a comparison when he's touting GPG's performance - perhaps they should have just stuck to holding their insurance businesses...

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
    Thanks for the ideas. QBE has done really well over the years! Maybe Tony Gibbs should have a look at that as a comparison when he's touting GPG's performance - perhaps they should have just stuck to holding their insurance businesses...
    Yes, an interesting thought!

Except that it's the exceptionally good management that's made the difference with QBE. Somehow, I can't see GPG being able to match that!

Huang Chung, i looked at your recommended stock performance and the dividend growth has been amazing, is Monadelphous the best in its field?