sharetrader
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Monadelphous is highly regarded in the engineering field, and has tremendous management. If there is any negative about taking a stake in MND, it's that the stock is rarely cheap to buy...but Lizard is looking for a stock for the long term, so paying up now shouldn't be a big deal if the plan is to buy and hold for a number of years.

QBE is a cornerstone of my portfolio... seems pretty fairly valued at the moment too. Then there would be infrastructure or banking type stocks too I guess. And then BHP to round it all off.

Advanced Member

MND has a 4 for 1 split in 2005 so the current share price is really $60 odd dollars. I remember MND was between $1 and $2 in early 2000 so a great return in anyone's language. Net profits has increased from $5 mil in 2000 to $75 mil last year. One of the top dog.

well I've said it all before--
    CFE is a great long term hold why-downside risk protected by cash&cash receivables not much less than entire market cap -many major Iron ore assets worth many 100mills ,Sappes high grade Gold discovery,35% of Pinnacle group assets(more IRON ore),25% Lady loretta pb,zn,ag,,100% Australis Phosphate
    some major holdings other ASX jnrs with huge potential-CVX,NIP,DMM,FEL,GFE,MHL,IPO,OKU-aim-BAO

-As they have just sold one of their copper assets CFE will be paying a 8-10cps divi(S/P-48c) ex date next month likely..

this doesn't include another 00's mill worth of other assets I've forgot
    Last edited by JBmurc; 19-04-2010 at 09:31 PM.
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

JBmurc
    this doesn't include another 00's mill worth
    you da bomb JBmurc,
    but zero million aint that much... lol...

.^sc
    BITCOIN certified rat poop. NSA created, Expensive to send, slow, can only trade on cex, no autonomy, spaghetti code, has been hacked, accidental Backdoor brc20s whoops, no one building on it, alienated all cryptos against it, volume is fake, few whales control large supply... it will perform though

Quote Originally Posted by Shrewd Crude View Post
    you da bomb JBmurc,
    but zero million aint that much... lol...

.^sc
    10-90mill I mean
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Talking Tiger ad nauseum

There's always WTP Lizard
    om mani peme hum

Quote Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
    I need some more ASX stocks for the "Long Term" - the kind of shares I don't have to think about too often and am hoping some kind STer's might have some suggestions. Sort of things I'm looking for here are stocks in the $100m+ market cap. Probably high ROE/ROIC type things with a case for future growth in potential market. Plus, most importantly, a company that is well-managed and where management keep shareholders informed in a no-nonsense fashion. Prefer something that hasn't yet made it to the ASX200, but which has the potential to get there over the next few years.

(Other option apart from high ROE/ROIC would be severely beaten up cyclical with recovery path laid out AND reliable management).

Prefer to hear about stocks you actually hold and have followed for at least a year.
    Lizard

Have a look into KFM DIVERSIFIED INFRASTRUCTURE AND LOGISTICS FUND (KIL)

The Fund will invest in a portfolio of listed and unlisted infrastructure, utilities and logistics investments in Australia and overseas.

Fairly conservative, & appears well run, one for the long term

Here's a presentation from Nov 2009

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news...E=ASX&N=571894
    Last edited by shasta; 20-04-2010 at 01:51 PM.

Share Collector

Thanks for the ideas. WTP looks fairly cheap - you are probably right PT, but I am still not comfortable with construction business as a long term buy and hold in current market. Maybe I will put it on the trading list till I get a feel for it. Though I like MND - despite being relatively expensive. Actually, MND is one of the earliest shares I looked at on the ASX and liked back then but, sadly, never bought...

Share Collector

Yes, CPU belongs on the list. What do you think of MLB? Have they got what it takes?