sharetrader

Default Incredible Charts

Hi,

I have downloaded Incredible Charts and I have noticed the closing prices are a day behind for NZ stocks. Will this change if I pay for the premium service? Or will I have to put up with it.

Thanks

4be

Hi,4, the free service is a day old. The premium service updates evry hour during trading and will cost you $AUD 18.00/month

NZ quotes are sourced from yahoo from memory. So it will always be a couple of days old at least.
    Disclaimer: Do not take my posts seriously. They are only opinions.

AMR has sold all shares and is pursuing property.

Thanks for reply, Doesn't Yahoo update every ten mins?

Advanced Member

IncredibleCharts does use Yahoo NZ historical data - today this only goes up to May 21 - that's 4 days ago. Pretty useless, really. Yahoo charts are a little more up-to-date in that they are usually just 1 day behind. Right now, the most recent NZ daily chart available on Yahoo is from yesterday. Yahoo quotes are delayed by about 20 minutes.

I know that IncredibleCharts claim that their Aus charts are updated hourly, but in practice this doesn't always happen and in fact the charts are behind the market.

In spite of not always meeting their advertised claims, at less than NZ$18/month, Incrediblecharts nevertheless offers excellent value for money.
    Last edited by Phaedrus; 25-05-2010 at 03:54 PM.

Thanks Phaedrus , Have just bought 'Technical Analysis Explained' by Pring so I am hoping to get my head around this TA stuff by looking at real life charts. Cheers

Permanent Newbie

Using incredible charts I can get the company data but I can't seem to get any data for the NZX50 or other NZ indexes. Can anyone help with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Using incredible charts I can get the company data but I can't seem to get any data for the NZX50 or other NZ indexes. Can anyone help with this.
    Hi Aaron, can not help with other indexes (I had a go this morning but could not figure it out).
    However I have been using the NZX50 index for a well. Code I use is nz50_ix on the world index.

percy

Go to Google Finance enter NZE:NZ50
    Last edited by percy; 18-07-2010 at 09:44 PM.