sharetrader

Thread: European Open

Default European Open

Hi, I trade mostly the European open and sometimes into the US if I can keep awake from my little office on the Kapiti Coast.

It's a lonely business though. Just wondering if some of you have a group I could possibly join to discuss sentiment, market structure, currency pairs, possible trades etc.

If not, is anyone interested in starting a group?

Thanks
    Volatility

Hey Vol....
    I know what you mean - it not really active enough in this forum here to gain any sense of camaraderie , but its the only NZ forum I know of that has any posting to speak of at all.
    You could try the forex forum on global-view which is more active, I sometimes go there
    http://www.global-view.com/forums/forum.html?f=1

or just post here....
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

I tried staying up for the US market awhile back. It only lasted for less than one week. I kept falling asleep... LOL

I see Euro market is up tonight, here is hoping it stays up.
    Having got ourselves into a debt-induced economic crisis, the only permanent way out is to reduce the debt – either directly by abolishing large slabs of it, or indirectly by inflating it away.

yeh I used to be a real night owl but lately I find it better to put a couple of trades in then go to sleep early and wake up early eg 5am. the us market keeps going for a few more hours often by that time the moves are starting to exhaust a bit.

SNB involvement supporting Euro (against Swissy) but having an impact accross the board

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    SNB involvement supporting Euro (against Swissy) but having an impact accross the board
    Stockmarket getting hammered again. How long can this go on?
    Having got ourselves into a debt-induced economic crisis, the only permanent way out is to reduce the debt – either directly by abolishing large slabs of it, or indirectly by inflating it away.

Hi guys, thanks for the comments. Went to Global View and it kept me company - that and the kids playing Black Eyed Peas.

No trading for me tonight. It's been a long week and I'm battle scarred. Three times I was taken out of good trades by massive spikes. Tempted to remove my stop but been there before.

I call myself Volatility but maybe you can have too much of a good thing.
    Volatility

yeh voaltility is really high at the moment.... I also have had a few trades spiked out recently...got a good long cable going at the moment though +95

I think at times like this one needs to reduce trade size and increase stop size by quite a large factor.
    Or not use stops which in forex is only okay if you never sleep or pee - but I'm not using stops with S+P trading anymore as I limit my number of positions at any one time.