sharetrader
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ZIN - Zintel

Share Collector

Default ZIN - Zintel

Got that result behind them and might be time to accumulate? (Might have been safer to accumulate the last couple of months, but things are slow on the NZAX, so probably still some time). Definitely looks better buying as a "payments solution" business than SPY, given the balance sheet and recent result.

Hard to say yet whether it's a winner, but looks interesting at $15.7m market cap and given previous returns. I plan on taking a closer look when I get the time.

I think the business looks good overall with clear growth prospects. The outcomes of the current TEL situation will affect them, and is, imo, an important consideration to make when valuing this stock.
    Moving to the NZX would definitely be an improvement, liquidity on the NZAX is very low.

percy

The Hypercom agency is a winner,the other parts of the business we will have to wait and see.Growing company,strong balance sheet,Nic Gordon with a lot of flesh on the line should make for interesting times.It is good there are not a lot of shares on issue.I do not think things will happen overnight.As you pointed out darksentinel clear growth prospects. Lizard time may be on your side.Still very thinly traded company.

percy

The half year result is out.Everything appears to be moving in the right direction.Positive.I brought a few more today after reading the announcement.
    Last edited by percy; 01-12-2010 at 03:56 PM.

I still really like this company. Continued good to great prospects for growth, and they seem to have made very good progress in coping with "challenging trading conditions" (which is a phrase I've seen in basically every report I've read in the last years), and if the developments of the Cogent acquisition continue as indicated then this was a good call.
    Quite a reduction in cash assets, but I think that, unlike many other companies, ZIN remains in good shape and there are no alarm bells ringing. The low volume for this stock continues to be a bit inconvenient though.
    From a value approach I'd suggest it's a buy, from a technical perspective it's a hold that's worth keeping an eye on (although presumably a technical-minded person would not currently hold any of this stock).

DISC: Hold.

Quote Originally Posted by darksentinel View Post
    I still really like this company. Continued good to great prospects for growth, and they seem to have made very good progress in coping with "challenging trading conditions" (which is a phrase I've seen in basically every report I've read in the last years), and if the developments of the Cogent acquisition continue as indicated then this was a good call.
    Quite a reduction in cash assets, but I think that, unlike many other companies, ZIN remains in good shape and there are no alarm bells ringing. The low volume for this stock continues to be a bit inconvenient though.
    From a value approach I'd suggest it's a buy, from a technical perspective it's a hold that's worth keeping an eye on (although presumably a technical-minded person would not currently hold any of this stock).

DISC: Hold.
    Beautiful company this one - pays a good divi. I just bought some more yesterday. There is talk of it going to the main exchange so that would boost liquidity.

Although on the talk of liquidity, I wasn't expecting my order to be complete so soon - probably the fastest I ever had.
    "Contrariwise", continued Tweedledee, "If it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't.
    "Today is already the tomorrow which the bad economist yesterday urged us to ignore" H Hazlitt

Liquidity in the low-mid 20s has been pretty high, still waiting for the (inevitable?) upward trend

percy

Quote Originally Posted by darksentinel View Post
    Liquidity in the low-mid 20s has been pretty high, still waiting for the (inevitable?) upward trend
    Would appear one of the larger shareholders is selling as they need money for another project.I don't Know who the shareholder is[other than it is not the ACC],but I believe they still have some to sell.I therefore expect the SP will not do anything until these shares find a good home.

percy

Well team,it has been a test of character,SP going no where,but today's announcement means WE WERE RIGHT>!!!!!

percy

The annual report read very well. Just loved "We are now RESTRUCTURED,FOCUSED AND READY for the year ahead." Exciting stuff.Still enjoy the old "we are well positioned" phrase,however.!!! Chairman, Nick Gordon did say"I am delighted to be realising our ambitions to grow the Group,through both internal investment opportunities and acquisition.through increased size and revenue and with a focus on execution,sustainable growth in profit should follow and I am confident shareholders will be well pleased with future results."
    I look forward to being well pleased.I note recent buying interest means others look to be joining me.!