sharetrader
Page 59 of 85 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Lola View Post
    If Gaynor wanted to do a really useful / informative bit of investigative journalism on NZX governance during Weldons reign , he could do no worse than spend a bit of time digging through the sweetheart allocations of the IPOs in the period that Harmos was the Chair.

What? And revealed for all to see how most of NZ mum and dad investors were shut out of the hot IPOs but were given everything they wanted in the lousy IPOs?

Not going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Ggcc View Post
    Hey this one has been a disappointment for shareholders since the beginning. Big hopes and zero results. Never invested in this as I knew it would go nowhere. I feel for shareholders who paid for directors to fly around the globe at shareholders cost. This share won’t be missed

Actually not true at all!

I guess if you call 255% gain at one stage a zero result, or building up scale and profitability as zero result, then you are sooooo verrrrry right.

BFW listed in 2007 during the GFC and we will all agree it was not a good listing at all. The company persevered however and anyone who held the shares would be sitting on 255% gain by 2014 - no mean feat.

Unfortunately, a few things have gone south for them in the last 2 years but as of today, they have built up the scale and profitability to take BFW to the next stage.

Alas, it is too difficult for them to raise more capital in NZ even when they have now reach critical mass - that's my reading so it's time for the principals to sell out.

The same way that 42 Below, Trilogy, Charlies etc etc depart from NZX.
    Last edited by Balance; 17-02-2019 at 10:05 AM.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Actually not true at all!

I guess if you call 255% gain at one stage a zero result, or building up scale and profitability as zero result, then you are sooooo verrrrry right.

BFW listed in 2007 during the GFC and we will all agree it was not a good listing at all. The company persevered however and anyone who held the shares would be sitting on 255% gain by 2014 - no mean feat.

Unfortunately, a few things have gone south for them in the last 2 years but as of today, they have built up the scale and profitability to take BFW to the next stage.

Alas, it is too difficult for them to raise more capital in NZ even when they have now reach critical mass - that's my reading so it's time for the principals to sell out.

The same way that 42 Below, Trilogy, Charlies etc etc depart from NZX.
    At one stage peb had a similar gain......... I don’t rate either share that well. All promises that were not kept.

At one stage peb had a similar gain......... I don’t rate either share that well. All promises that were not kept.
    Big difference - BIG BIG difference - between the two.

PEB has gone through $200m of capital raising, one after another, all the while promising the sun and the moon - with bugger all to show. Not even close being profitable after spending over $200m!

BFW had to make do with raising $5m of the $15m it wanted at the IPO, and did it hard with only one other capital raising ($2m placement) to get to where it is today - scale and profitable. What promises have you got BFW making? I am rather keen to know.

You should reference Plus SMS and Snakk and Veritas and SeaDragon with PEB in the same boat if you like but don't belittle those who actually get on with creating something with very little.
    Last edited by Balance; 17-02-2019 at 02:16 PM.

Advanced Member

Big difference - BIG BIG difference - between the two.

PEB has gone through $200m of capital raising, one after another, all the while promising the sun and the moon - with bugger all to show. Not even close being profitable after spending over $200m!

BFW had to make do with raising $5m of the $15m it wanted at the IPO, and did it hard with only one other capital raising ($2m placement) to get to where it is today - scale and profitable. What promises have you got BFW making? I am rather keen to know.

You should reference Plus SMS and Snakk and Veritas and SeaDragon with PEB in the same boat if you like but don't belittle those who actually get on with creating something with very little.
    Ok I hit a nerve referring BFW to PEB and I agree not very similar. I know you loath PEB and yes you are correct with how much PEB has lost and all the capital raised. I am more referring to the loss of share value. The promises not kept were told to me from a disgruntled shareholder I spoke to about 6 months. He felt let down. I am unfortunately still involved with PEB, luckily only a little

Ok I hit a nerve referring BFW to PEB and I agree not very similar. I know you loath PEB and yes you are correct with how much PEB has lost and all the capital raised. I am more referring to the loss of share value. The promises not kept were told to me from a disgruntled shareholder I spoke to about 6 months. He felt let down. I am unfortunately still involved with PEB, luckily only a little
    If you hit a nerve, I would have responded with stronger language.

As you can see from my response, I actually tried to gently steer your attention to why PEB is a con-job of the highest order - gushing promises with no delivery.

https://www.nzx.com/announcements/330690

Another pig to the trough.

Advanced Member

If you hit a nerve, I would have responded with stronger language.

As you can see from my response, I actually tried to gently steer your attention to why PEB is a con-job of the highest order - gushing promises with no delivery.
    Always interested in your opinion, as I know I am not always correct, otherwise I would be a multimillionaire

yes she has good funds management experience , vitally important for nzx. as the whole of nz finance sector is only interested in milking the kiwisaver gravy train at the moment.
    one step ahead of the herd

Always interested in your opinion, as I know I am not always correct, otherwise I would be a multimillionaire
    Likewise.

Cheers!