sharetrader
Page 69 of 85 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    I tried to negotiate a better fee deal with them few weeks back (they do get a decent business out me annually), but they wouldn't corm to the party. Too bad have taken away my broking elsewhere.
    I tried the same thing, just got a notification that I've been with my new broker for a year today

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by oldtech View Post
    From what I read it's custodial ... which doesn't appeal to me either.

https://www.sharesies.nz/how-it-works

"We use Sharesies Nominee Limited to hold your money and investments on bare trust for you. Sharesies Nominee is separate from the daily business operations of Sharesies Limited. This means your money is held separately to the money Sharesies Limited uses to pay staff, and buy office stuff, like stationery and coffee."
    Thanks Oldtech & Bull.
    I'll stay with DB for now.

Not sure if this is the correct thread. Anyways. I invest directly in the market with my own funds. But I need to invest some money on behalf, and am wondering if anyone has some suggestions regarding Fund Managers. My preference ATM is Milford. But I see that MSL Capital Markets seem to do OK? (but I don't seem to be able to track down their website??? Which seems strange?) Any other suggestions and recommendations would be appreciated. This will be a longer term investment, so happy to be toward the riskier end. Thanks in advance for your assistance.
    “Instead of thinking “I’m right”, ask yourself “How do I know I am right?” Find the smartest people to disagree with you so you can stress test your ideas.” Ray Dalio

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drew95 View Post
    Not sure if this is the correct thread. Anyways. I invest directly in the market with my own funds. But I need to invest some money on behalf, and am wondering if anyone has some suggestions regarding Fund Managers. My preference ATM is Milford. But I see that MSL Capital Markets seem to do OK? (but I don't seem to be able to track down their website??? Which seems strange?) Any other suggestions and recommendations would be appreciated. This will be a longer term investment, so happy to be toward the riskier end. Thanks in advance for your assistance.
    I’ve got friends and family with Milford. All happy.

Everything into PEB, Drew95.

It is going to be a 10 bagger this year, I heard.

Milford is a good option.

MSL? Who the hell are they?

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Everything into PEB, Drew95.

It is going to be a 10 bagger this year, I heard.
    You with your great advice!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ggcc View Post
    You with your great advice!!!!
    Drew95 has been and is still a big believer of PEB so it’s not great advice from me!

PEB could potentially be regarded as “toward the riskier end”

Safest option would be NZ and international ETF funds on the NZX offered by NZX owned Smartshares.

For active management funds consider PIE Funds for small NZ/Aus companies and Punakaiki Fund for venture capital like exposure to a range of fast growing companies.

Regarding Milford, you might like to read this:
    Milford Asset Management to pay $1.5 million following FMA investigation
    Last edited by Jaa; 09-01-2020 at 04:44 PM.