sharetrader
Page 49 of 85 FirstFirst ... 3945464748495051525359 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    To be fair, $30 a trade minimum barely covers the fees that accredited brokers and broking houses have to pay the NZX, and then there's the operating expenses these days - especially the regulatory and compliance costs!

One of the brokers I deal charged minimum trade $100 per trade and even then, he left the industry due to the stifling compliance cost to be a fund manager.

$10 a trade is actually very very expensive if you get bad service while $250 a trade is very cheap if you get a good broker who helps you to make good money.
    $30 is gouging the customer $250 is robbery even with service , if the nzx wants to encourage more trading retail pricing needs to fall in price as well.

By the way i see ig markets has recently dropped commissions to .08% for asx stock trades whats the cheapest in nz .30% ..... robbery
    one step ahead of the herd

Is it just NZX is dearer, otherwise how do these other brokers - some in Aus for example only charge around $10??

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Is it just NZX is dearer, otherwise how do these other brokers - some in Aus for example only charge around $10??
    With the likes of Interactive Brokers a trade on the NYSE or Nasdaq is typically only US$1, and A$6 on the ASX. They don't do the NZSE unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by kiwico View Post
    With the likes of Interactive Brokers a trade on the NYSE or Nasdaq is typically only US$1, and A$6 on the ASX. They don't do the NZSE unfortunately.
    And that is part of the problem

Is there a minimum number or amount you have to trade for these cheaper prices????

most brokers in aus charge .10% for trades on the asx

I would surmise the high transaction cost is due to a lack of competition. Theres only 2 ‘discount’ brokers to choose from. We need more competition.

And that is part of the problem

Is there a minimum number or amount you have to trade for these cheaper prices????
    No. The costs tends to be an amount per share with trades I've done in the US$10k to $20k range normally being US$1 (as this is the minimum charged). Costs have reached as high as US$1.60 for some trades (so can easily increase by 60%!). For Aussie trades they all appear to be A$6 but I've not made as many of these.

There is a monthly charge of US10 if you do not have at least US$100,000 with them (which can include cash on hand).

There is an american broker called Robin Hood that has no brokerage fees. I have not used them but have heard they’re a bit onf a disrupter.

Quote Originally Posted by Patient Panda View Post
    There is an american broker called Robin Hood that has no brokerage fees. I have not used them but have heard they’re a bit onf a disrupter.
    i use td ameritrade $6.95 per trade

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...ectid=12104854

i found this funny

The NZX pricing structure announcement this week shows the stock exchange is finally travelling down the right road.
    After decades of going down blind alleys and cul-de-sacs, chief executive Mark Peterson has steered the exchange in the right direction, although the bourse has a long way to go before it achieves its full potential.
    The main problem with the domestic sharemarket is that it has been run for the benefit of brokers, rather than investors and companies wishing to raise equity

isnt the nzx changes announced this week only for the benefit even more now for brokers if they dont pass on the savings to retail clients?
    Last edited by bull....; 11-08-2018 at 04:39 AM.