sharetrader
Page 64 of 85 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by 777 View Post
    It's only a place to trade shares.
    We could use trade me ! (not serious, but making a point)

Its real sad its getting to this. Totally wondering how they'll get through a bear market.
    LT investors don't care so much but yeh liquidity is a risk.

Actually we could use trade me, couldn't we.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

percy

Piece of Cake.
    Listed companies just transfer to Unlisted.

Cannasouth IPO - listing day.

NZX CEO living up to the Mark Weldon creed for survival (& making heaps of money for himself) - when there's bad news, dis-associate yourself as fast and as quickly as you can.

Exhibit one :

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...ectid=12241965

Publicity photo shows the cannabis-induced directors ringing the bell (& oops - down she went!).

Exhibit 2 :

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...688/302469.pdf

Page 17 shows the real PR publicity IPO listing photo - notice the difference?

Yes, CEO decided not to show his face (& million dollar salary) because CBD sank beneath the IPO price so PR firm must have edited the release to put in the 'appropriate' photo.
    Last edited by Balance; 27-06-2019 at 08:59 AM.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/mon...ash-of-its-ipo

Excerpt : "This is another sign that the NZX is in crisis. Any half-decent local company is listing over in Australia these days, or the US. The drought is over, sure. But we've replaced tumbleweeds with tumbling weed.

Shame on the NZX, so thirsty for new listings that it was willing to let this happen. Shame on the promoters, who made a profit on the back of inexperienced investors. And if you get fooled into investing in the next bum IPO, shame on you."

Big fat NZX cats - completely and utterly useless.

Pretty fair summary.

Sharesies must be testing their individual stock trading. AIR.NZ this morning - 2 trades, 12 shares, $33 total value. At least will provide the NZX some more fee revenue from inexperienced investors!

AIR.NZ.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by johndoe123 View Post
    Sharesies must be testing their individual stock trading. AIR.NZ this morning - 2 trades, 12 shares, $33 total value. At least will provide the NZX some more fee revenue from inexperienced investors!
    The sp has to go to about $7 to break even on exit?
    At least they get to feel the rush of being in the game without losing the house?

Quote Originally Posted by johndoe123 View Post

AIR.NZ.jpg
    It could be Sharesies - i.e. its possible, but there are often small trades on the exchange, people say its 'the bots' . I don't know how anyone finds it economical to trade such low volumes if they are paying brokerage fees but maybe its just a broker accumulating for a much larger order.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

It could well be Sharesies. They announced they would be testing over the next week or so prior to launching their new option to invest in individual companies. No brokerage fees. Just a transaction fee, which for purchases up to $3000 is only 0.5% so the fee on tiny trades like these is very small. Great opportunity for small investors like me to expand our investment options at a significantly lower price than using a broker.

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    It could be Sharesies - i.e. its possible, but there are often small trades on the exchange, people say its 'the bots' . I don't know how anyone finds it economical to trade such low volumes if they are paying brokerage fees but maybe its just a broker accumulating for a much larger order.
    Last edited by justakiwi; 09-07-2019 at 06:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by justakiwi View Post
    It could well be Sharesies. They announced they would be testing over the next week or so prior to launching their new option to invest in individual companies. No brokerage fees. Just a transaction fee, which for purchases up to $3000 is only 0.5% so the fee on tiny trades like these is very small. Great opportunity for small investors like me to expand our investment options at a significantly lower price than using a broker.
    How is that cheaper?