sharetrader
Page 79 of 85 FirstFirst ... 2969757677787980818283 ... LastLast

What an amazing uptrend for one of the smallest (but certainly not most nimble) dinosaurs under all the stock exchanges.

average (long term) PE = 40; forward PE (based on analyst estimates) = 34; earnings CAGR (backwards) =3, forwards = 4;

Is this a case of buy anything which moves ... or do people see sense in what happened to the NZX share price? Even the dividend return is now below 3% ... and certainly not risk free ...
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    What an amazing uptrend for one of the smallest (but certainly not most nimble) dinosaurs under all the stock exchanges.

average (long term) PE = 40; forward PE (based on analyst estimates) = 34; earnings CAGR (backwards) =3, forwards = 4;

Is this a case of buy anything which moves ... or do people see sense in what happened to the NZX share price? Even the dividend return is now below 3% ... and certainly not risk free ...
    Indeed quite a recent SP upwards trend - I remember when it was nearer the $1.20 mark no so long ago

perhaps the perception is steady as she goes - the exchange stock is as safe as houses (as long as things overall keep appreciating)

My average is $1.10 and is number 4 in my portfolio. I think this is a nice defensive stock and pretty safe, could say boring. They have a broad range of products so balanced earner. I like their plan and look forward to seeing how they execute. Lots more interest in market today from a younger generation bodes well.

Something weird going on with their website this morning...
    Last edited by Cricketfan; 15-03-2021 at 10:46 AM.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Cricketfan View Post
    Something weird going on with their website this morning...

Indeed .. perhaps someone @ NZX took off with the Friday's database in their lunchbox & haven't returned ?

Legend

Sorry Folks - due to current site lag -- the deleted post was a double-up
    Last edited by nztx; 15-03-2021 at 11:01 AM. Reason: Double up due to site lag

yeah, AIA's opening price showing as 0.00
    I though even the current price of $7.50 + was an error too
    It's not just the NZX site though, I've noticed that it's really hard accessing other offshore sites too.

Advanced Member

good news for NZX KiwiSaver product: it has been selected as one of the 6 default KiwiSaver providers

https://www.nzx.com/announcements/372176

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by LaserEyeKiwi View Post
    Good. What was more frustrating? Seeing some of those default providers charging heaps for not much or trying to get a couple of my friends to get out of those funds. Ultimately I actually blame my friends. The amount of money they left off the table is mind boggling.

discl. I have SuperLife as my Kiwisaver provider and am very happy with the returns I got so far and their fee structure.
    Last edited by silu; 14-05-2021 at 10:42 AM. Reason: added disclosure