sharetrader
Page 17 of 85 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767 ... LastLast

Smells like a scam...Bin it.

My first impression also was that it was a scam and a very poor one, the letter was unsealed eg open and he wanted a written reply or email yet no self adressed evelope enclosed , email adress is Philke.flitcroft@nzx.com. Don't intend to reply , if it is not a scam they can ask in a more polite manner

Advanced Member

Why doesn't someone call the NZX and ask, let them know there is a potential scam.......

Ho, ho Sparky...nice one. Honk the horn for us.
    Quote Originally Posted by SparkyTheClown View Post
    Ask them how many "f"s are in the word response.

They will reply "none".

And you can then reply back:

"That's right - no effin response..."

Thank you, I'll grab my coat.

Quote Originally Posted by CJ View Post
    Stupid question but are you sure it is from the NZX. Could it be an elaborate phishing scam?

Seems a one liner - "I am compliant" - should be a sufficient response.
    Looks genuine to me. Came in an envelope with a seemingly authentic NZX logo printed on it and with printed sender details corresponding to Link Market Services. Email given was philke.flitcroft@nzx.com.

Didn't seek my FIN number, without which mischief shouldn't be possible(?).

I buy/sell through a Direct Broking internet account in my name, and the shares are registered in my name.

My company which holds NZX shares under the company name received one of those letters too. I'm confident it's genuine but if they want that info they can get it from the Companies Office.

I emailed advising them that the address they sent the correspondence to was obviously the correct address and why did they need to know age etc and this is the response I received:

"Thank you for your response. Unfortunately the letters were sent to our end shareholders in error, please disregard."

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by shar187 View Post
    I emailed advising them that the address they sent the correspondence to was obviously the correct address and why did they need to know age etc and this is the response I received:

"Thank you for your response. Unfortunately the letters were sent to our end shareholders in error, please disregard."
    Does beg the question, who were the asking how old you were and why?

Also, why haven't they communicated that it was an error and they dont need to know your age.
    Free delivery worldwide with Book Depository http://www.bookdepository.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by CJ View Post
    Does beg the question, who were the asking how old you were and why?

Also, why haven't they communicated that it was an error and they dont need to know your age.
    The only reason which might explain their failure to acknowledge widely their domestic disarray is that they don't want to compromise the "employment issue" relating to the continuing services of one Philke Flitcroft?

Quote Originally Posted by Under Surveillance View Post
    The only reason which might explain their failure to acknowledge widely their domestic disarray is that they don't want to compromise the "employment issue" relating to the continuing services of one Philke Flitcroft?
    Linkedin says Philke been at NZX since 2007
    Last edited by winner69; 03-09-2012 at 12:30 PM.