sharetrader
Page 2 of 85 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Thumpa View Post
    I can't stand the NZX announcements . Look's like they are printed on a commodore 64 dot matrix printer .... unreadable
    If you log into My NZX (that little box on the right of the webpage) you can view the announcements in all their pdf goodness. Its really not that difficult; click on an announcement and then click on 'Related Attachment' to download.

I don't get what the joke is, maybe I am just naive?

Second fine in as many weeks? https://www.i-search.nzx.com/blobs/N...000-119899.pdf
    ~ * ~ De Peones a Reinas ~ * ~

As an aside anyone here familiar with NZX rules. I need some help on a company's obligation (if any) to report a situation that may impact negatively on earnings. Please PM me.

EWT student

Again NZX getting less than positive publicity. Some issue with late payment for electricity market as administered by NZX. Appears payments were delayed over the weekend and have now been settled. Not good news that the NZX are getting their systems investigated again...
    V.
    Tomorrow's trades will prove me wise or otherwise

Veteran novice

ASX and Singapore Exchange to join forces?

I wonder if anyone's interested in taking over the NZX and if so, whether this would breathe some life into our bourse.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/busi...-1225942452702

Veteran novice

And here's a reminder that we're not the only ones concerned about the "hollowing-out" of our national exchange.

"Richard Holmes wrote:

It looks like we are about to lose another top Australian company, Perpetual, to overseas owners. (See KKR's Perpetual problem, October 18.) KKR are only going to do what was done to Myer. Then we have Foster's which might also disappear, with no Australian-owned brewer left in a country which consumes copious quantities of the stuff.

Why do company directors think selling their companies is the best result for shareholders? They are paid excessively well, along with their bonuses to run the company. If they cannot do it, resign and get someone else to do it. But then they have vested interests in a takeover, such as further bonuses for completing the transaction and a job on the board of the new entity lapping up directors fees.

If these takeovers continue at this rate, there will be fewer and fewer quality ASX listed companies to invest in. Where to then? Into managed overseas funds which rob the daylight out of unit holders with their fees, with no loss to the managers if things go bad? It will be the managed funds that determine what happens and they are only after a profit in the short term which does more for their bonuses than it does for shareholder returns.

18 Oct 2010 2:50 PM

"

Any ASX holders in this joint? Sold mine a few months back.. Hurting big time

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by remy View Post

Do not hold ASX but hold NZX.

Interested in what the implications are for NZX.

Positive - valuation implications and speculation of further consolidation

Negative - the new combined entity could look to enter NZ market and steam roll NZX in the dairy futures market etc.

Anyone have a view on this?

Michael the sooner the better. Preferably they steam roll NZX out of existence the better
    Possum The Cat

Quote Originally Posted by remy View Post
    Yep, but only have 300 odd ASX shares. I seem to have the habit of getting the least significant parts of my portfolio being taken over recently, last ones being AVE and AOE. Or maybe there is an 'A' theme.

No one wants my bigger holdings, but I shouldn't really complain ^.^