sharetrader
Page 31 of 85 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181 ... LastLast

I'm sure someone has commented in the past that you are very balanced, Balance. I would guess this is from having a chip on both of your shoulders, as you seem to be bagging both the incumbents and the outsider.

I have read the JWI thread, but tbh havent really taken your assertions there on board.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    I'm sure someone has commented in the past that you are very balanced, Balance. I would guess this is from having a chip on both of your shoulders, as you seem to be bagging both the incumbents and the outsider.

I have read the JWI thread, but tbh havent really taken your assertions there on board.
    Happy to put my track record against anyone anywhere anyhow of proactively commenting on underlying issues before others jump on the bandwagon.

Refer back to the early postings on this thread and read how many were very happy to support the short-sightedness of the NZX to profiteer from its monopolistic position in the short term, at the long term expense of NZ Inc.

Refer my comments re Falkenstein despicable behavior towards minorities during his attempted takeover:

https://www.nbr.co.nz/article/nzx-bo...-says-b-203734

Re NZX - I have spoken in hope that the current incumbents will do a better job (now that the last of the old board is leaving at the end of June) than the first CEO, Weldon and the sleeping board at that time. While others were praising Weldon to high heavens, I pointed out how he was feathering his own nest by plucking the goose which laid the golden eggs - took Clear Grain, Media Works and the inability of the NZX to make much headways (Tim Bennett saw the light and got out of the way with a payout for non-performance!) for the likes of Brian Gaynor to start taking notice.

Realistically, to ignite growth, the NZX has to reassert its relevancy as a cost effective, efficient and protective capital market vehicle. It has to take a very very close look at its cost structure, fees, support services and interactions with stakeholders like the listed companies, brokers and investors to plot a way forward.

First and foremost is to bring its services to be on par with, if not better, than the other exchanges in the Asia Pacific region. Then, it has to reduce its fees structure and not use the irrelevant argument that its fees and charging regime is comparable with that of the ASX and other exchanges - the NZX is not in the same league as the other exchanges. Bit like comparing a honey bee with a beehive!

And contrary to the view that the Board is that of brokers, Weldon and his Board were very anti-brokers - a fact you can confirm yourself by talking to any broker (except Mr Credit Sails & Feltex who is leaving on 30 June).
    Last edited by Balance; 13-06-2017 at 04:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    It is indeed Mark Weldon envy.

By any measure (save monopoly profits at the expense of a vibrant and growing stock market), the NZX has gone backwards and downhill but Mark gets a big share of that monopoly profit - so very very envious.

NZ is already paying the price and future generations will continue to pay the price as all the rewarding and well-paying jobs and opportunities in the financial sector disappear overseas.

Think about it.
    Written Sept 2011.

Now the Brian Gaynors of this world and various commentators are waking up to the scorched earth left behind and wailing for water.

It is easy say than do. I believe nzx this year will start to improve with all the trouble costs gone

Quote Originally Posted by golden city View Post
    It is easy say than do. I believe nzx this year will start to improve with all the trouble costs gone
    Trouble costs gone ...

.... but bonanza from government listing the power companies and the last few years of listings of the likes of TGH, OHE, WYN, ERD etc etc are also gone.

Net net - square zero.

Where is the growth going to come from? Especially now that NZX cannot increase charges and fees further without incurring scrutiny of Commerce Commission.

I think that is the most pressing issue facing the NZX.

The multiple options (points of light) for growth as articulated by exChairman Harmos have proven to be a single candle flickering in the dark!
    Last edited by Balance; 16-06-2017 at 09:43 PM.

The fund management business should improving

annual meeting coming up, wonder if brian will be there to ask the board some hard questions?
    one step ahead of the herd

Guru

Hmmm
    It needs a shakeup but really,is he the best to offer?
    Thinking about Just Water !
    http://www.sharechat.co.nz/article/5...y+26+June+2017

Quote Originally Posted by kiora View Post
    Hmmm
    It needs a shakeup but really,is he the best to offer?
    Thinking about Just Water !
    http://www.sharechat.co.nz/article/5...y+26+June+2017
    A flea-bitten dog barking in favour of a dog-eared one.

NEXT.

https://www.nzx.com/companies/NZX/announcements/303149

NZX reviewing equity market structure, bit of a no brainer closing all those exchanges with no listings lol still need to deal with the problems
    one step ahead of the herd