sharetrader
Page 33 of 85 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536374383 ... LastLast

One of my small grumbles with the NZX is that they still don't appear to care much for the retail investor. As an example take today's announcement from Spark. On my Stockness watchlist for the NZX there is an announcement that SPK have made an announcement. And that is it.If I want to see the announcement I have to go looking somewhere else.
    Contrast that with the same announcement on the ASX platform at Stockness. The announcment posted by the ASX actually contains the whole press release all 40 pages of it with just one click.
    If the ASX stipulate that showing the details of an announcement is necessary, that should also be the case on the NZX. Is there anyone at the NZX who cares?

http://www.sharechat.co.nz/article/d...gy-review.html

guess we will all be waiting with baited breath till november to see what there strategy is.
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post

guess we will all be waiting with baited breath till november to see what there strategy is.
    I'll be waiting with bated breath, but feel free to use bait if you wish. And I''ll be hoping to see their strategy, but expect they're going to disappoint there.

Save your breath.

Comments from the AGM show that the company is still in the grip of the hands of those who believe in self-gratification and mutual-gratification.

As Richard Branson once famously advertised in Australia of a certain monopolistic entity : 'What a bunch of *ankers!'

The praise heaped on the departing directors, like vomit from from a sick dog, is enough to fill several buckets and drown market participants.

No mention whatsoever of the huge damage done to the NZX and the capital markets (while under the watch of departing board members) by the gross mismanagement of staff, and abuse of its monopolistic position (now paralyzed due to close scrutiny by market participants who are ready to take monopoly abuse by NZX to Commerce Commission).

The sheer incompetence of the last of the original board(Smith) under Harmos, is best highlighted by his role as director overseeing HR & Remuneration Committee. We all know how well Weldon did remuneration wise even while he was gutting the NZX of its future and of personnel experience and depth.

The orgy of irresponsible and relentless fee and revenue grab (without any corresponding increase in service) by the NZX has been at huge multi-billion costs to investors and to NZ. This is best highlighted by the finance company listings (shares and bonds) and NZX's ready embrace of backdoor listings like Plus SMS. NZX conveniently racked up the short term fee gouging while failing to exercise any form of supervision or enforcement of disclosure obligations by said finance companies and the likes of Plus SMS.

Only when the NZX acknowledges its very severe past misdeeds and mistakes will it be able to critically evaluate itself, and move positively forward.

Meanwhile, don't waste your breath over this bunch of *ankers.

*He was referring to the bankers behind a certain Australian airport before anyone jumps to conclusion.
    Last edited by Balance; 05-07-2017 at 09:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post

Just another cop out. Why am I not surprised?
    Here was a chance for a new CEO to take the initiative and shake the Sh.. t out of the organisation with his own vision but no we have another soft c...ck , just another clerk really.

At least being just a clerk he might not have the demands of a chosen one .

Quote Originally Posted by Lola View Post
    Here was a chance for a new CEO to take the initiative and shake the Sh.. t out of the organisation with his own vision but no we have another soft c...ck , just another clerk really.

hope this clerk is not a cop - out , I can count numerous companies to leave the board one way or another so without getting new listings it is a problem.
    Anyway the fund management business if it keeps growing will become a big fat fee earner.

Quote Originally Posted by Lola View Post

Let's give him a chance and see if he can rise to the occasion.

Comes the time, comes the man.

The NZX is so bereft of growth options at the present and such a laughing stock among market participants that realistically, it has to do something - anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Let's give him a chance and see if he can rise to the occasion.

Comes the time, comes the man.

The NZX is so bereft of growth options at the present and such a laughing stock among market participants that realistically, it has to do something - anything.
    Give the guy a chance agree then were rip into him after november if he fails to deliver.

https://www.nzx.com/companies/NZX/announcements/303658

metrics not to bad.

whats happening? someone loves nzx

Looking good. I got plenty