sharetrader
Page 34 of 85 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637384484 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by golden city View Post
    Looking good. I got plenty
    you lucky person up another 3% today must be the funds management business taking off? those big fat fees rolling in even bigger when the fund hits say 5 billion one day the directors will be rolling in the gravy haha
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    you lucky person up another 3% today must be the funds management business taking off? those big fat fees rolling in even bigger when the fund hits say 5 billion one day the directors will be rolling in the gravy haha
    takeover? Very weird behaviour. Also noted the insider trading on SKO pre announcement..

Very firmly believe it is under valued. Got in position early. Well looking forward to it now

Quote Originally Posted by golden city View Post
    Very firmly believe it is under valued. Got in position early. Well looking forward to it now
    by looking at the volume in the past days, some other big players agree with you...

Quote Originally Posted by Schrodinger View Post
    takeover? Very weird behaviour. Also noted the insider trading on SKO pre announcement..
    http://www.goodreturns.co.nz/article...sing-etfs.html

might be reason?

looks like a good result too, wasnt to hard though i guess to improve on last dreadful performance.

funds management and derivatives look like clearly best areas for growth while a lot more work needs to be done on other areas for better performance.

they can easily afford a higher 4c div for second half if there numbers come in and growth outlook looks good - reward for long suffering s/h?

yes it is slightly better than I expected but I remain dubious. anything other than the market operations business is likely to remain insignificant in my humble opinion

The improvement was largely provided by cost reductions.... which isnt a long term way to grow a business

I was more encouraged by the comments from the new CEO with his campaign to improve listings. But need to see evidence of this first to consider a worthwhile investment

Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought their dividend was more than their earnings. .....
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    yes it is slightly better than I expected but I remain dubious. anything other than the market operations business is likely to remain insignificant in my humble opinion

The improvement was largely provided by cost reductions.... which isnt a long term way to grow a business

I was more encouraged by the comments from the new CEO with his campaign to improve listings. But need to see evidence of this first to consider a worthwhile investment

Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought their dividend was more than their earnings. .....
    they have not increased dividend for years , a signal to the market of a company turning the corner would be confidence to lift there dividend next report time.

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post

dividends were higher in 2016 due to costs blow out, historically they have not been higher and should revert to the norm this year.

like i was saying they havent increased div since 2014 it will be 2018 next yr - guess they thought all there business buys they needed to fund the growth.lol
    so i would think after 6 mths of reviewing there business and developing strategic strategy going forward ( be very interesting ) if they go for more of the same as last 3 yrs expect no increase if they go for improving what they got and doing it better the clue is to watch the dividend no increase or mention of increase would suggest a lack of faith in there new strategy and more than likely just a pr exercise.

anyway check out asx results stellar just released these people are really good at running an exchange