sharetrader
Page 38 of 85 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast
    percy

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    I agree. peat. Now, how to do that? Lower fees? Less stringent listing criteria? A "fee free" initial trial period? Better marketing to prospective client campanies? Suggestions?

Lower fees,lower fees,lower fees.
    The fees are too high for smaller companies.

chairman buying more shares - must really believe in there new strategy a ? an increase in your dividend would send a stronger signal to the market of the believe in your new strategy
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Lower fees,lower fees,lower fees.
    The fees are too high for smaller companies.
    Agree.

NZX as a monopoly has completely buggered up the listing and listed market through unadulterated fee gouging during the Weldon era, ably supported by a sleeping board intent on self-interest.

When you are stuck in a cul-de-sac, time to retrace the steps and go backwards - 5 steps backwards to be able to move 50 steps forward.

Is the NZX brave (and patriotic) enough to dramatically cut back fees to rejuvenate the primary purpose (listing) of the exchange?

I think the answer is pretty obvious unfortunately with the strategy review - in the land of the blind, the one eye man is king - that's the NZX.

Never mind that in the real world, the ASX and other exchanges are eating NZX's lunches while NZX is busy screwing its listed companies and market participants.
    Last edited by Balance; 14-12-2017 at 11:19 AM.

For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Advanced Member

They should also extend the equity hours till 6 pm in line with Australia .
    might stop people moving their listings over if the hours are better for Australian investors

NZX to implement changes to pricing structure in 2018

https://www.nzx.com/announcements/312176

trying to improve liquidity , sure need too its a joke for anyone trying to move reasonable volume.

One day when we have a crash or mini crash most people will never be able to sell quickly (will lose way to much money) under current market rules, due to lack of liquidity ---- big risk

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    NZX to implement changes to pricing structure in 2018

https://www.nzx.com/announcements/312176

trying to improve liquidity , sure need too its a joke for anyone trying to move reasonable volume.

One day when we have a crash or mini crash most people will never be able to sell quickly (will lose way to much money) under current market rules, due to lack of liquidity ---- big risk
    So true.

I will give the NZX credit this time round if it actually reduce charges overall in an attempt to address the liquidity issues.

terrible write up by bloomberg on the big issues facing the nzx

The company has the lowest annual operating margin after BSE Ltd. among the 25 listed security and commodity exchanges across the world.

plagued by low liquidity and transparency.

On-market transactions account for less than 50% of traded value on NZX

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ship-to-sydney

Did anyone say hi Nigel Babbage? Disclosure statement... a lazy 11700000 shares he and his wife own joining the NZX board. Great time to join in confidence when the NZX company has been performing so badly. I believe there is now an incoming tide for the NZX. If the news is are bagging the performance. I am buying, can't only let them line their own pockets
    Last edited by Food4Thought; 22-12-2017 at 09:26 PM.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    terrible write up by bloomberg on the big issues facing the nzx

The company has the lowest annual operating margin after BSE Ltd. among the 25 listed security and commodity exchanges across the world.

plagued by low liquidity and transparency.

On-market transactions account for less than 50% of traded value on NZX

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ship-to-sydney

Thanks for that Bull. Adding to concerns I have as to how good a market is really being established on the NZX. I am now wondering if we might all be better off if all the NZX Companies transferred to the Australian exchange. Will more follow Xero ? I note that there have been no sales of HBL since just before 13:00....Are we too small of a size to establish a proper market ? Are our business folk to closely connected. Not sure what the right answer is, or what the consequences might be if the NZX and ASX were to combine.
    Sent from my iPad