sharetrader
Page 5 of 85 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Want a section at half-price in Queenstown?

She's a lovely looking one, this one : http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-me-pr...-325703288.htm

Only love-struck kiwis need apply.
    yeah old joke point can't believe the 385,000 rateable value talk about overvalued, the section we've built are new home on at lake hayes is near three times the size and has a Q.V of only 290,000 and a few on the same street have sold in the low 300's recently

another real bonus on that jacks point section is the fact your annual rates are real expensive as not only do you have to pay rates on 385k value to the QLDC but you have a annual golf course fee,jacks point sewerage,landscaping upkeep etc(you have to pay extra to actually get a playing membership)think it's round 4k-5k per ann for this type section double what are rates are
    Last edited by JBmurc; 21-01-2011 at 09:12 AM.
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Back to NZX.

Complaint made by aggrieved note holder in Sept 2010 against inadequate disclosure by South Canterbury Finance referred by NZX to Securities Commission.

http://www.nbr.co.nz/article/new-sou...mm-nzx-p-83953

Oh wow! NZX considers the complaint to be sufficiently serious!

And where was the NZX right throughout this sorry saga? Enforcing its continuous disclosure regime to make sure that investors are adequately informed?

Where were the 'please explain' from NZX even whilst SCF's notes blew out and the news gotten grimmer and grimmer?

Asleep at the wheel, hoping like hell that SCF would keep trading for a while so that NZX can keep clipping the ticket.

An absolute disgrace.
    Last edited by Balance; 21-01-2011 at 10:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Where were the 'please explain' from NZX even whilst SCF's notes blew out and the news gotten grimmer and grimmer?
    In the interest of "balance", NZX did write to SCF on the 5 August.

http://www.nzx.com/markets/NZDX/SCF0...-Price-Enquiry
    ~ * ~ De Peones a Reinas ~ * ~

I mortgaged myself up to my eyeballs to buy a house in 1972, cost 5000. REPayments were almost crippling. I sold in 1986 and the repayments were a joke, sold for 55000.
    If I,d had 5000 cash in the bank in 1972 there is no way that would have got to 55000 in 14 yrs. this demonstrated to me how, in times of inflation, properties can be a good option. The average kiwi is probably not going to buy a beachfront property, he will probably buy the house next door and rent it.
    A house is a house and will always be a house, 5000$ will always be 5000$ but it can be worth bugger all over time.
    If you believe inflation is going to increase having money in the bank is not a good option, a house is better, or maybe you could own shares, but which ones, or you could trust your cash to a finance co.
    good luck whatever you do,

I'd set up a poll if I remembered how but what are the chances of Mighty River Power, Solid Energy, Meridian Energy and Genesis entering the NZX in a partial SOE sell off / float. I'd say not high.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    I'd set up a poll if I remembered how but what are the chances of Mighty River Power, Solid Energy, Meridian Energy and Genesis entering the NZX in a partial SOE sell off / float. I'd say not high.
    This should probably be another thread, but provided National gets elected, at least one of those will be listed in the next term. Ideally I would like to see one partial listing per year for the next few years. Sell off 20%-25% initially and retail the option to sell down again to retain 51%.

If done annually, it will see a lot of (media) interest in the markets and will also mean the public would be able to afford to drip feed into the market. If they dump them all at once, increased likelihood larger poritions will go offshore.

Also introduce a brightline test so if you sell within 1 year of IPO, it is deemed to be on revenue account (ie. taxable) to ensure those that want them get it and to reduce those trying to stag it.
    Free delivery worldwide with Book Depository http://www.bookdepository.co.uk

CJ Are they just trying to keep the NZX in existence More Money to be saved by rolling the Three power companies into one and saving two thirds of the salaries let alone the reduction of rent. Cheaper finance available for larger company reduction in computer costs as you only need one setup not three. More efficient use of generating capacity. I think it is a brainless idea. Just to prop up the NZX Borrow the money of the Public Just offer Govt Guaranteed term deposits at reasonable interest rates readily available to the public and cut out the banks margin. But that would upset thier mates in Banking would it not?
    Possum The Cat

Quote Originally Posted by POSSUM THE CAT View Post
    CJ Are they just trying to keep the NZX in existence More Money to be saved by rolling the Three power companies into one and saving two thirds of the salaries let alone the reduction of rent. Cheaper finance available for larger company reduction in computer costs as you only need one setup not three. More efficient use of generating capacity. I think it is a brainless idea. Just to prop up the NZX Borrow the money of the Public Just offer Govt Guaranteed term deposits at reasonable interest rates readily available to the public and cut out the banks margin. But that would upset thier mates in Banking would it not?
    That sounds far to sensible to ever happen

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by POSSUM THE CAT View Post
    Good point - why are they split? The competition argument goes out the window (pretty much) since there is contact and Trustpower.
    Free delivery worldwide with Book Depository http://www.bookdepository.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by CJ View Post
    This should probably be another thread, .
    I think you are right - have done so.