sharetrader
Page 52 of 85 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Don't you just love the 'We are working hard, and remain on track to deliver on our clear strategy'?

Most would take the comment to read :

"We are playing hard as you can see by our junket to NY and the number of staff we have, and remain on track to hoodwink you all with our clear as Rotorua mud strategy'. No clarity, no accountability required!
    funny alright. i get why they want to hang onto the funds business its the only thing growing , but gee wizz if you dont look after your core you end up with nothing anyway.

i listened to grant robinson talk about infrastructure and how kiwisaver funds will be used to facilitate this by the way of SPV vehicles etc so i would suggest chairman and directors camp out at the beehive for there next trip and not leave until they have clear commitments to list these vehicles on the nzx.
    one step ahead of the herd

https://www.nzx.com/announcements/324860

Does this latest MOU mean they have all been on another snouts in the trough trip to Shanghai?

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    nice way of telling anyone whos unhappy to get stuffed lol

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...817/288012.pdf
    Particularly the "small group of shareholders" who are activists.

Quote Originally Posted by steveb View Post
    https://www.nzx.com/announcements/324860

Does this latest MOU mean they have all been on another snouts in the trough trip to Shanghai?
    Bet you that there will be no photos of the signing of the MOU and the NZX entourage on this junket ...oops, I mean negotiating trip.

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    funny alright. i get why they want to hang onto the funds business its the only thing growing , but gee wizz if you dont look after your core you end up with nothing anyway.

i listened to grant robinson talk about infrastructure and how kiwisaver funds will be used to facilitate this by the way of SPV vehicles etc so i would suggest chairman and directors camp out at the beehive for there next trip and not leave until they have clear commitments to list these vehicles on the nzx.
    And start thinking hard on how to attract NZ retail investors to invest in the market. If the stupid retail investors can lose $7 billion in finance companies, they can bloody well lose several billions on the NZX!

now Shanghai!
    photos please!
    trying to hook into Belt and Road.
    could it get any more ludicrous.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    now Shanghai!
    photos please!
    trying to hook into Belt and Road.
    could it get any more ludicrous.
    Yup - as the Christchurch City Council just found out, you can have a lot of MOUs with the Chinese but no action unless the Chinese get a win-lose deal.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/107...ment-collapses

And guess what? Does not even rate a single one line mention by the SSX! Was yet another junket for sure.
    Last edited by Balance; 04-10-2018 at 11:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Particularly the "small group of shareholders" who are activists.
    http://www.sharechat.co.nz/article/0...-earnings.html

Interesting and actually rather influential shareholders :

"Elevation Capital owns 2.3 percent of NZX on behalf of its own clients. Managing director Chris Swasbrook is a member of NZX's markets disciplinary tribunal and listing sub-committee. Chair Craig Stobo is a veteran of the local markets and headed the government-appointed group to look at the viability of setting up a financial services back-office in New Zealand, while director Andrew Harmos is a founding partner of Harmos Horton Lusk and a former NZX chair."

Let's see how many other shareholders they have lined up to roll the existing board (and management).
    Last edited by Balance; 04-10-2018 at 11:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Yup - as the Christchurch City Council just found out, you can have a lot of MOUs with the Chinese but no action unless the Chinese get a win-lose deal.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/107...ment-collapses

And guess what? Does not even rate a single one line mention by the SSX! Was yet another junket for sure.
    I did find this on the Shanghai stock exchange website:-
    2009.4 NZX Ltd. MOU Wellington Zhang Yujun
    Mark Weldon
    This was an MOU signed way back in april 2009 (in wellington) So you have to wonder why if they had an MOU in place why are they signing another one?

Quote Originally Posted by steveb View Post
    I did find this on the Shanghai stock exchange website:-
    2009.4 NZX Ltd. MOU Wellington Zhang Yujun
    Mark Weldon
    This was an MOU signed way back in april 2009 (in wellington) So you have to wonder why if they had an MOU in place why are they signing another one?
    Good catch, steveb!