sharetrader
Page 53 of 85 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by steveb View Post
    I did find this on the Shanghai stock exchange website:-
    2009.4 NZX Ltd. MOU Wellington Zhang Yujun
    Mark Weldon
    This was an MOU signed way back in april 2009 (in wellington) So you have to wonder why if they had an MOU in place why are they signing another one?
    lol a mou to understand the mou
    one step ahead of the herd

I did find this on the Shanghai stock exchange website:-
    2009.4 NZX Ltd. MOU Wellington Zhang Yujun
    Mark Weldon
    This was an MOU signed way back in april 2009 (in wellington) So you have to wonder why if they had an MOU in place why are they signing another one?
    Number 34 of 46 stock exchanges SSE has cooperation agreements with! At least we were in front of Kazakhstan

http://english.sse.com.cn/aboutsse/cooperation/

The NZX's strategy of expanding via alliances with international international really is terrible. They are NZX's competitors or in the NASDAQ's case I bet wildly over charging technology provider.

The NZX should try a strategy of increasing liquidity from the general public and via alliances with international brokers and ETF providers. Get them to offer online, instant NZ share and bond trading. e.g. eTrade, TD Ameritrade and all the rest. Even with Commsec you can only trade NZX stocks over the phone and its $USD40 minimum.

Make more data free (live prices, depth etc), lower fees across the board and develop more of its own technology. Once all the linkages are in place, market the NZX in Asia-Pacific as a transparent, well governed, affordable and high liquidity exchange to list on.

I would even try removing the listing fees and offer it as a loss leader for a while. You can't clip the ticket on companies you don't have listed.
    Last edited by Jaa; 04-10-2018 at 05:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaa View Post
    The NZX's strategy of expanding via alliances with international international really is terrible. They are NZX's competitors or in the NASDAQ's case I bet wildly over charging technology provider.

The NZX should try a strategy of increasing liquidity from the general public and via alliances with international brokers and ETF providers. Get them to offer online, instant NZ share and bond trading. e.g. eTrade, TD Ameritrade and all the rest. Even with Commsec you can only trade NZX stocks over the phone and its $USD40 minimum.

Make more data free (live prices, depth etc), lower fees across the board and develop more of its own technology. Once all the linkages are in place, market the NZX in Asia-Pacific as a transparent, well governed, affordable and high liquidity exchange to list on.

I would even try removing the listing fees and offer it as a loss leader for a while. You can't clip the ticket on companies you don't have listed.
    exellent points nzx via brokers is just to dam expensive to trade

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    exellent points nzx via brokers is just to dam expensive to trade
    That's because NZX charges them (brokers) exorbitantly.

Forvexample, do you know that brokers have to pay NZX to get depth if they provide depth to their clients? So one is reduced to asking a broker to read the depth unless you are a preferential premium client.

Lucky the low cost brokers like ASB provide depth.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    That's because NZX charges them (brokers) exorbitantly.

Forvexample, do you know that brokers have to pay NZX to get depth if they provide depth to their clients? So one is reduced to asking a broker to read the depth unless you are a preferential premium client.

Lucky the low cost brokers like ASB provide depth.
    nzx has cut rates to brokers recently , all that has happened is the brokers are pocketing the extra margin. nzx and brokers need to work to together to improve retail volumes and that means incoraging traders into the nzx by reducing brokerage costs. simple 101 maths lower brokerage more trading more liquidity. as is happening traders are moving to exchanges and brokers overseas with cheaper costs and technology is speeding this up.

Quote Originally Posted by greater fool View Post
    According to RNZ report yesterday ( 4th Oct ), Millar's statement was issued from Athens, where he was attending a meeting, and was unable
    to be interviewed.

MOU being negotiated with ISX.

Be a damn site cheaper if they negotiated via email and video.Then swapped signed MOU's via DHL.

I bet the Inland Revenue is aware of these little shindigs!

Be a damn site cheaper if they negotiated via email and video.Then swapped signed MOU's via DHL.

I bet the Inland Revenue is aware of these little shindigs!
    Key issue is that the NZX is a pip-squeak micky-mouse exchange which has nothing to offer the other exchanges.

So all these negotiations and trips are simply junkets and attempts to hoodwink shareholders and markets that the management and board are doing something.

The giveaway is the 11 who attended the Nasdaq signing of MOU.

Give them heaps, Swasbrook.

Will buy 10 shares so I can be there to support your desire to make these clowns perform - for NZ and for NZX.