sharetrader
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    percy

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Methinks not a good time to get tempted to buy in .... wait until the inevitable capital raising .... hopefully heavily discounted eh

Opportunity awaits
    Methinks you should take a long cold shower.Surely a man of your worldly experience can find better opportunities elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Methinks you should take a long cold shower.Surely a man of your worldly experience can find better opportunities elsewhere.
    just looking to make a few quick bucks here .... DOW is not a sort of company I would ever 'invest' in based on fundamentals.

Currently just under 400 ..... might have a rraising at 350 or seeing things are getting desperate maybe even less ..... and then like NPX percy everything is all fine and dnady again and the shares go to 700 plus .... that's the story ... maybe that is what it is .... but maybe, jsut maybe, an impending sure fire opportunity

percy

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    just looking to make a few quick bucks here .... DOW is not a sort of company I would ever 'invest' in based on fundamentals.

Currently just under 400 ..... might have a rraising at 350 or seeing things are getting desperate maybe even less ..... and then like NPX percy everything is all fine and dnady again and the shares go to 700 plus .... that's the story ... maybe that is what it is .... but maybe, jsut maybe, an impending sure fire opportunity
    My thoughts are with you.!! I just hate giving companies more money to lose.[done it too often],much perfer companies,who make a profit and pay me a divie.

No no percy ... I am not going to give THEM money .... the money will be going to some poor sod who had enough and wants some cash back

Like your point about giving money to companies to lose ... sometimes it is just too easy for comapnies to do that .... maybe not lose but invest wisely

Worst culprits seem to be those who issue Capital Notes ... almost treated as free money and generally 'invested with poor returns - have the cash must do something

Lot of NZ companies fallen into that trap - SKC and HBY good examples

Hey Winner,

What makes you think a cap raising is not far away?

cheers
    Moi.

Share Collector

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 12-feb-2011 View Post

Not sure if you ever made some money on this one, Winner69, but it has been round the block a couple of times since then between the $2.90-$4.10 marks.... on the slide again at present, despite making progress on restructuring and continuing to announce contract wins. May be worth looking at for a contrarian trade again, as looks to me to be in value territory here at $3.08 (my valuation $3.99).

Cyclical market and unknown tail-end costs to Reliance Rail might carry some risks, but perhaps they have cleaned house enough for a visit?

Share Collector

Price gone nowhere since my last post in June, with last sale at $3.12. However, result today was a good turnaround, though no dividend yet. Forecast for $210m NPAT in coming year puts it on a forecast PE of 6.1 - so pretty good value and will probably tick higher over the next six to nine months. Further than that will depend on some confidence returning to the economy and particularly in regard to infrastructure spend - although they do get some benefit from work in Christchurch and Ultra Fast Broadband work.

Not one I'm keen to add to a long term portfolio at present, but potential for a re-rate could make it interesting to traders needing liquidity.

Advanced Member

Yep, interesting that UGL is struggling and DOW talking up their future. First trade in DOW a success. Bought soo little compared to my standard purchase. Interestingly, just read an article that 1/3 of DOW's business comes from one client.

IMO

DOW has had a stellar run.Check out todays chart its quite a stunner; off the cliff down re 25% after announcing a buy offer for dog Spotless. What a reaction!

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    DOW has had a stellar run.Check out todays chart its quite a stunner; off the cliff down re 25% after announcing a buy offer for dog Spotless. What a reaction!
    ...and a rights offer essentially being rejected leaving the underwriter with a huge shortfall
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”