sharetrader
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Lol percy, thanks great advice.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremyhowell View Post
    Lol percy, thanks great advice.
    Bloody good advice.

Mind you if you are looking at miners and oilers you could clock up a few miles in your car and a few frequent flyer miles on your credit card

Hi Jeremy.
    Heres an article on CFDs that was posted by Ratkin ( thanks ) Thought Id post it here in case you missed it. Its right up your alley.

http://www.smh.com.au/business/when-...827-13w40.html

Thank you STRAT, I have heeded your previous advice, and my IGM account has been dormant for a while.

It was quite appealing to trade the indices on IG Markets platoform, ie Australia 200 Cash, etc, which were practically free to trade, no fee etc.

Thanks again, will rethink my approach to trading.

CFD's are simply the modern electronic way of implementing margin trades therefore providing a way to take large risk with small capital.
    Obviously novices are open to using them without understanding the risks involved and getting seriously burned.
    I dont see anything wrong with CFD's in themself - its all up to the way you use them. Margin trading has always been risky whether it operates as a CFD or not.
    My point is that a CFD is not evil in itself. They allow one to UP the risk factor which of course is going to mean the wins and losses are amplified. So yes you need to understand that before entering into the deals. I assume that most people would work this out before proceeding but I guess not all do. Why would anyone think they are going to allow them to get rich with no risk ? Only idiots imo.

Not related to this thread so much but its the same as these reverse mortgages that ASB are now offering. FINSEC criticisms are emotional claptrap. Reverse mortgages are very useful for some people, used in an appropriate way they relieve financial pressure. Banks stealing inheritances lol.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

I'm much in the same boat as Jeremy. I want to learn about trading for the short term. I reckon i might have a steep learning curve. I'm going to sit on my money for now. I case I don't find out for myself what is FA and TA?

Quote Originally Posted by JonJ View Post
    I'm much in the same boat as Jeremy. I want to learn about trading for the short term. I reckon i might have a steep learning curve. I'm going to sit on my money for now. I case I don't find out for myself what is FA and TA?
    Google is your friend.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fundamental_analysis
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Technical_analysis