sharetrader
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cash

yes its a great update thanks Snoopy. A few of the main points were clearly out of date especially regarding Rabobank, which is now a local bank standing on its own strength. So it has fallen to about the same rating level as the Aussie cartel.
    I still use their cash facilities however they are not much if any higher returning than others , as per discussion recently in the Air NZ thread (of all places)
    As I mentioned there the Govt Guarantee is gone and now replaced by Open Bank Resolution process. (Remember CYprus)

Re cash being a bull then yes its all a bit arguable when the number stays the same, but if you see that same number of currency units as being able to purchase more of the other asset classes then it has appreciated in value in those terms. It depends what you reference wealth in and I will concede that for most people this is the currency, as compared to say the number of shares one owns.

But remember when people used to refer to wealth in terms of income eg 'Mr Smith has three thousand pounds a year'.
    Last edited by peat; 06-02-2018 at 09:28 PM.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Hi Pete,
    I hope you can come along to the Auckland meeting. It would be great to meet you. If the markets keep tanking I think the hot topic of conversation will be capital preservation is a bear market. Cash could be the #1 performing asset class for a few months...
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Yes it will probably be my last opportunity so I will make it along
    thanks for the special invite Beagle.