sharetrader
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Dulux is prominant in Oz. Wattyl (especially with their Solargard product), would be popular as well.

Noticed that Bunnings is now stocking Nippon Paints in a significant way, which is a newey on me. But, I guess if Bunnings is stocking it, they must be moving a few cans.

Huang Chung Lots of competition in Aus. Left there in 2006. Was buying Top Grade American paint from there own outlets at less than half the price of Dulux And Taubmans etc from Bunnings etc and they were growing the outlets in Brisbane like topsy And Colour range was fantastic name a Dulux colour or any other major Australian paint brand and they had the formulas to match it. Paint was a very item in Australia compared to NZ when I moved there in 1998. So I would not like to be buying shares in a paint only company in Aussie. Maybe that is why Orica got rid of it. Possibly the American company will not cut their own throat by supplying Bunnings so the using Nippon to compete.
    Last edited by POSSUM THE CAT; 22-01-2011 at 02:32 PM. Reason: correct grammar
    Possum The Cat

Was in Melbourne earlioer this week so popped into the AGM

Had it out at their offices whcih is unusual but a great meeting.

One thing that stood out was not too many old grey haired buggers on the board or the management team - that's good

had a tour of their research centre - hadn't realised how much was involved in formulating paint

their factory in Brisbane is up and working again so not much impact hopefully

they seem pretty bullish on the future - plenty of sales coming up after the flood

Market liked and shareprice back clsoe to highs again .... might just have to keep these shares ORI gave me

In spite of the carnage over the last few days on the ASX great to see DLX closing at a new high of 282 .... even hit 289 earlier in the day

Somebody was buying up

Good half year announcement last week. In spite of floods and having their factory out of operation for a while seem to have done very well

Forecasting higher NPAT than last year

Still hanging on to these that ORI gave me last July ... nothing spectacular yet but a pretty solid dividend and with the entry of Woolworths into hardware plenty of paint needs to be bought to fill the shelves up - all good for DLX

Just a file note to myself - DLX closes at another all time high of 287

Maybe $3 isn't too far away

Just another file note to myself ... DLX another closing high at 289 ... even spent some time in the 290's

percy

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Just another file note to myself ... DLX another closing high at 289 ... even spent some time in the 290's
    You are not alone.I am reading your file notes.Cann't have you playing [posting]with your self.!!!
    Last edited by percy; 27-05-2011 at 07:34 PM.

Hey percy ... on a day of carnage when the headlines said the end of the world was nigh and the ASX was worth 20 billion less good old DLX went up .... and closed at another all time hgh of 294

That 300 looks a certainty now .... and more file notes to myself coming up

Maybe the market picked up on your comment that DLX was going to supply the new Woolworths hardware chain ...... that'll be a lot of dosh for them as I read where analyst reckoned that each big box it supplied would put about $200k on the bottom line for DLX .... just for the opening stock to fill the shelves up

percy

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Hey percy ... on a day of carnage when the headlines said the end of the world was nigh and the ASX was worth 20 billion less good old DLX went up .... and closed at another all time hgh of 294

That 300 looks a certainty now .... and more file notes to myself coming up

Maybe the market picked up on your comment that DLX was going to supply the new Woolworths hardware chain ...... that'll be a lot of dosh for them as I read where analyst reckoned that each big box it supplied would put about $200k on the bottom line for DLX .... just for the opening stock to fill the shelves up
    Yeah right.!!!! Congratulations are in order.To have a share that sets a new high on such a low day,you have certainly done well.!!! you are allowed to continue to post to yourself .!!!

In spite of the carnage on the ASX over the last week another new high for DLX

Closed at 296 ... high for the day as well which was good

That 300 only a day or 2 away

Thanks ORI for spinning this off last July .... floated at 250 so nealy 20% plus divies is pretty good .... might have to hold longer