sharetrader
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...116/323817.pdf
    Still trading under 100 day moving average which appears to be about $6.50. TA looks bad and I believe the outlook for consumer confidence with capex is pretty weak.
    Once the effect of the stimulus wears off...
    I agree. Still surprised about the subsidiary CEO's all buying in during a time when they must have an idea how the result looks like and the public does not.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    I agree. Still surprised about the subsidiary CEO's all buying in during a time when they must have an idea how the result looks like and the public does not.
    The way I read the announcements is that just one subsidiary CEO, Maarten Duurentijdt has been buying small parcels of shares over some time. Everytime he buys a parcel a notice of share purchase gets filled with the NZX.

Quote Originally Posted by forest View Post
    The way I read the announcements is that just one subsidiary CEO, Maarten Duurentijdt has been buying small parcels of shares over some time. Everytime he buys a parcel a notice of share purchase gets filled with the NZX.
    Actually, you are right. Always the same person. Does not change the fact, though, that one insider is buying shares after the end of the financial year (where he must clearly have an idea how it went) but before the results are published. Whatever his motivation, it feels quite unusual for a listed company to allow their officers to trade during this time window. I am wondering whether they have a policy on insider trading at all?

If I would hold I clearly would want to know from the board what's going on ...
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Outlook was extremely cautionary as noted in my post #125 above last August.
    Outlook noted this time is for a similar result to first half, (albeit wide open to virus concerns) so as long as people behave now as they did before this latest uncertainty they should make about 50 cps for the year. Average PE in recent years has been about 11 so fair value seems to be about $5.50 less whatever you want to take off for the current untoward risk which might affect consumer behaviour somewhat for who knows how long ? On the other hand Ford and Mazda will likely pick up quite a bit of market share from Holden exiting the market. Maybe $5.50 - $6.00 is about where it should be all thing considered.
    From 19 February 2020 when it was ~ $8.60. Looking at it now with 5 months more knowledge about the effects of Covid 19 its hard to make the case that the share price is worth any more than $5.00. I'd say a bit less.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Nice to see the dividend being reinstated:

https://www.nzx.com/announcements/358637

Buyers are buying ...that’s good

Obviously no intent to pay back wage subsidy .....did say it only covered less than half of normal ren.

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...814/334555.pdf
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Buyers are buying ...that’s good

Obviously no intent to pay back wage subsidy .....did say it only covered less than half of normal ren.

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...814/334555.pdf

If they qualified for it then they are entitled to the subsidy, which incidentallty the company
    was entitled to keep & had to be 100% passed on to the employees it was applied for..

How about the employees paying back to the company so the company can repay Govt ?

How do you reckon that would go - Winner69 ?

Too Hard or Impossible ?

You could donate the equivalent or a fraction thereof to the company so they can repay a few pennies
    to Govt, if you're feeling generous ..

How much you prepared to stump up for the cause ?

If it makes things more palatable, no dividend was paid during Covid-19 time of the year by CMO
    Last edited by nztx; 06-11-2020 at 09:17 PM. Reason: add more

Legend

A bit of a Quiet Performer expecting Good half results:

GUIDANCE UPDATE:

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...027/339689.pdf

Legend

https://www.nzx.com/announcements/367832

15.0 cps Fully imputed payable in late March, rather than April in past

Banned

Good announcement...small gap up