All these years and I can't find a thread on these... surely someone must own some shares somewhere? Some poor person out there waiting for an analyst to start covering them again after years (decades?) of neglect?

Thought I would read their result in a quiet moment. Interested to see that they have found trading in the past 4-5 months to be tougher than anticipated.

Actually, it's not like they're small to be so un-mentioned. They have a market cap of $73.6m and revenue of $434m...

That aside, they produce impressively low trading margins - less than 2%. They also trade at only about two-thirds of their net asset value ($3.48/share), which is mainly property based. I can only presume they have a very tight share register that prevents anyone taking this over and extracting a little more value. The shares seem to have gone sideways through the $2-$3 range for over 10 years, so perhaps now (at $2.25) might be at least close to a good price... though you wouldn't want to buy them for the thrill.

Might have to look deeper at the full Annual Report some time.