sharetrader
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Agreed peat. HLG my personal favorite because the figures and the photo's are so attractive

Page 43 sheds some light blackcap and a good salesperson can easily make over $100K. I think peat was saying that he now knows who's been buying CMO...I did mention it in another thread responding to whether Synlait is a good buy at present. $1.7m does look a little OTT....think it looks like Todd Hunter making mid $600K's...better not dig into that annual report again otherwise it will definitely fall apart.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    10 decent sales people per dealership?
    Yeah I surmised as much, I do not know enough about how those places work but it makes sense. I would rather many more employees get paid over $100k then, as we (CMO) will be taking a nice cut.

Beagle, will look into page 43 when I have some time.

SP movements going all one way at the moment and getting close to feeling a bit overbought.

Wow the price keeps changing as I look. 884 bid for 4000 shares, could see $9 very soon.

Looks like those 4000 could not wait any longer and just went to $9!
    Last edited by blackcap; 02-10-2018 at 03:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    How do you infer from the Annual report that it has been revealed? Or am I missing something here?
    sorry for confusion, its just peat the Rabbit rabbiting out Beagle as a buyer.

after reading the report I just wondered if this company is solid enough to be a backstay and justify hitting it hard.
    But liquidity is a bit of an issue it would seem.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post

after reading the report I just wondered if this company is solid enough to be a backstay and justify hitting it hard.
    No worries Peat, great company this, always has had a liquidity problem though with 65% of it being in family hands. I know back in the day GPG tried to takeover but got unstuck along the way.
    Jim (the chairman) may be getting a bit long in the tooth, I may ask at the AGM what if any succession planning is going on.

Naughty dog can't help himself knowing there's a HUGE 35 cps feed coming shortly....this is what I have been doing to any loose CMO shares lately lol https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnJaivwVwwY Once you're a dividend hound its hard to ignore feeds this size...and then there's the compelling fundamental's and their track record...
    Last edited by Beagle; 02-10-2018 at 02:30 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Indeed it does a good job of pretending to be a well done report but in fact is pretty budget. As you say no photos!! I love reading some of the glossy AR's by manufacturing and mining companies and so this was a bit disappointing esp for a centenary edition.
    I've been around long enough to remember people buying shares in Bendon solely because of the annual report. I don't think the average mining company can put anything into their reports with quite the same appeal.

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by traineeinvestor View Post
    I've been around long enough to remember people buying shares in Bendon solely because of the annual report. I don't think the average mining company can put anything into their reports with quite the same appeal.
    No, that's just another urban myth. Playboy was much cheaper in those days.

Shame. Vehicle buyers might need to head to our local friendly second hand dealer for their vehicle.

Or hit Trade Me which according to the CEO has over 90% of vehicle listings in N.Z.