sharetrader
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    Its weird thinking what a Holden owner would migrate to. They would have a natural dislike to Jap Crap, I would think.
    Hmm - I was owning throughout my life various European car brands (incl. Volkswagen, a Ford made in Germany and a couple of Citroën), one South Korean car and several Japanese cars (Toyota and Suzuki).

Of all these cars the Toyotas (of course made in Japan) have been by far the most reliable (and with that as well most economical) brand.

I don't think you know what you are talking about ...
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    Its weird thinking what a Holden owner would migrate to. They would have a natural dislike to Jap Crap, I would think.

However I do think we need to add a $1 or more onto the fair value share price just because its The Colonial Motor Company Limited. A name from the era of the South Sea Bubble has to give some brownie points.

Attachment 11042

And also because it has been around 109 years. This also allows you to level up.

They managed to keep costs under control apart from wages which went up a little. But at the moment wont hold. Waiting though.
    Those used to driving high performance turbo and supercharged sedan's, both FPV's and HSV's and Ford's and Holden's are a bit snookered that's for sure.

Maybe you're right and they're worth a bit more on a DCF basis, but here comes the big caveat, provided the virus doesn't become a world-wide pandemic !

Buying and driving a Toyota is like buying a fridge. Sorry, but it is.
    Last edited by Beagle; 20-02-2020 at 12:08 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Hmm - I was owning throughout my life various European car brands (incl. Volkswagen, a Ford made in Germany and a couple of Citroën), one South Korean car and several Japanese cars (Toyota and Suzuki).

Of all these cars the Toyotas (of course made in Japan) have been by far the most reliable (and with that as well most economical) brand.

I don't think you know what you are talking about ...
    You've misread that BP.

I'm not saying they are crap. I am generalising that Holden owners think they are crap, and wouldn't want to own one. Isnt Beagle confirming this with his views on them. Anyway a bit off topic.

I still dont think pandemic will happen in a massive way. But had been reducing portfolio anyway and as stated by someone else CMO were warning us.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

I suppose there's this https://www.toyota.co.nz/new-car/supra/ Looks are polarising to say the least !!
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    I suppose there's this https://www.toyota.co.nz/new-car/supra/ Looks are polarising to say the least !!
    If you drove one it might change your mind that a Toyota is just like a fridge. Lol.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Those used to driving high performance turbo and supercharged sedan's, both FPV's and HSV's and Ford's and Holden's are a bit snookered that's for sure.

Maybe you're right and they're worth a bit more on a DCF basis, but here comes the big caveat, provided the virus doesn't become a world-wide pandemic !

Buying and driving a Toyota is like buying a fridge. Sorry, but it is.
    Just put on a set of Michelin tyres and it will drive like a European car .

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    ... true - all the fun of an European car just without the reliability problems and the ways too high bills ;
    ----

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Interesting little quip with more than an ounce of truth. Mrs B's 2017 Honda Civic came with Dunlop Enasave EC300 tyres as factory fit which are a reasonable tyre designed to maximise fuel economy and longevity. When they wore out I had no hesitation in putting the very latest Michelin Primacy 4 tyres on and we noted: A much more comfortable ride, much quieter, significantly better road holding and handling.
    Not an exaggeration to say it made quite a significant difference.

Anyway...back to CMO - I doubt anyone in the CMO family is too happy with my assessment of current fair value lol
    Last edited by Beagle; 20-02-2020 at 04:04 PM.

Interesting ... Financial year ended 30. June and the subsidiary CEO's are buying in droves. Always marked as "on-market" - i.e. it can't be just a part of their remuneration package - can it?

Results obviously not yet published, but I sort of wonder whether their brass has so far really absolutely no idea how the result might look like?

Do blackout periods not apply for companies like CMO?

But then ... they probably just want to protect the share price from further dropping ...
    ----

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...116/323817.pdf
    Still trading under 100 day moving average which appears to be about $6.50. TA looks bad and I believe the outlook for consumer confidence with capex is pretty weak.
    Once the effect of the stimulus wears off...