sharetrader
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

A LOT of farmers have updated vehicles in the last year with record prices in the beef and dairy sector and consumers have been busy updating on the back of the high Kiwi dollar, strong employment and record low interest rates.
    Going forward unfortunately the outlook isn't so bright, for example how many dairy farmers will be updating vehicles considering where Fonterra's forecast pay-out is going ?
    Now consumers are paying higher mortgage rates will they be so keen to update their vehicles ?

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    A LOT of farmers have updated vehicles in the last year with record prices in the beef and dairy sector and consumers have been busy updating on the back of the high Kiwi dollar, strong employment and record low interest rates.
    Going forward unfortunately the outlook isn't so bright, for example how many dairy farmers will be updating vehicles considering where Fonterra's forecast pay-out is going ?
    Now consumers are paying higher mortgage rates will they be so keen to update their vehicles ?
    I agree that there are headwinds. However, those headwinds have yet to be reflected in the Monthly MTA stats. Until they do, I am comfortable holding.
    No advice here. Just banter. DYOR

A "rockstar" stock in my book. considering the acquisition in recent weeks too. I can't see the dollar taking a tumble anytime soon and interest rates have been put on hold for now.. another 18months left in this rocket ship I think...

The only thing that stuck me as interesting from that announcement was the following statement...
    "A feature of this year has been the concurrent strong operating performance from all of the trading companies; car dealerships, heavy trucks, and tractors. However there are increasing signs that the favourable conditions are easing."

Quote Originally Posted by noodles View Post
    The only thing that stuck me as interesting from that announcement was the following statement...
    "A feature of this year has been the concurrent strong operating performance from all of the trading companies; car dealerships, heavy trucks, and tractors. However there are increasing signs that the favourable conditions are easing."
    I think far too much is made of certain phrases in management addresses. we see on the PEB thread posters looking into the most trivial commentaries like they've just found the holy grail. Anybody with a brain can see that "favourable conditions are easing" that doesn't mean that favourable conditions are no longer in existence. Noodles, despite what everybody else says I know and you know that your a very good looking man/women, what most impresses me about you is that you've managed to couple your movie star looks with an intellect of the highest quality.

Quote Originally Posted by benjitara View Post
    I think far too much is made of certain phrases in management addresses. we see on the PEB thread posters looking into the most trivial commentaries like they've just found the holy grail. Anybody with a brain can see that "favourable conditions are easing" that doesn't mean that favourable conditions are no longer in existence. Noodles, despite what everybody else says I know and you know that your a very good looking man/women, what most impresses me about you is that you've managed to couple your movie star looks with an intellect of the highest quality.
    Well clearly the market is brushing off my concerns. Up a few % today.

Quote Originally Posted by noodles View Post
    Well clearly the market is brushing off my concerns. Up a few % today.
    Unfortunately my bid got leapfrogged by a couple of others... liquidity proves a bugger when not holding!

Guru

Steady result but outlook a bit tough?

https://www.anzsecurities.co.nz/Dire...spx?id=3938292

2019 NZ Stock Picking Winner silverblizzard888's Avatar

Yeah looks like a competitive market has reduced their margins, they did more sales but still earnt less operating profit.

Banned

CMO's foray into Euro cars is not proving successful. It's a different paradigm than selling Trucks and Ford's. Not one person on the Board has any Euro experience. Who would set up Euro brands in South Auckland ? Time to freshen up the Board boys.... the next couple of years will need a new set of skills.