sharetrader
Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 182425262728
    Guru

Thanks Moosie... lets hope the coal price holds up and that BRL can keep some cash in their balance sheet :P

With the refusal to be able to appeal, does this mean that it is all go?

This is the announcement:

https://www.nzx.com/files/attachments/178260.pdf

and from the announcement: Bathurst Managing Director, Hamish Bohannan, said "We are very pleased that the High Court has refused to grant leave in respect of this matter. This is another significant step in working towards gaining full consents for our Escarpment project and ensuring we can move into the production phase as soon as possible".

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by karen1 View Post
    This is the announcement:

https://www.nzx.com/files/attachments/178260.pdf

and from the announcement: Bathurst Managing Director, Hamish Bohannan, said "We are very pleased that the High Court has refused to grant leave in respect of this matter. This is another significant step in working towards gaining full consents for our Escarpment project and ensuring we can move into the production phase as soon as possible".
    Its about time that someone with N Zs true interest at heart has made the correct decission and set BTU on its mining part, F&B has been hijacked by the "LOONY LEFT " and is a far cry from the organisation that was set up as a hobby/interest group all those years ago-- sad but true!

Quote Originally Posted by whatsup View Post
    Its about time that someone with N Zs true interest at heart has made the correct decission and set BTU on its mining part, F&B has been hijacked by the "LOONY LEFT " and is a far cry from the organisation that was set up as a hobby/interest group all those years ago-- sad but true!
    Now it is Forest and Bird's turn to worry about its legal bills.

Have any holders actually gone over the economics aspect of the environment court evidence, and looked at what can be mined and the costs, and the overburden?
    As a holder of other coys (including some that have crashed badly recently) I will certainly look at announcements with more scrutiny after watching this case in court.
    For those who havnt made an objective assessment of the environment court evidence, I suggest you should.
    I don't have any issue with BTU, I like job/wealth creation, I just am sceptical of the economics after being an observer.

Disc: not holding and wont be.

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by moosie_900 View Post
    too bad lawyers don't do pro bona on these types of cases. make them think twice before pulling the trigger again when concessions wete made in good faith. pay up F&B, you gambled and lost!
    You'll have to explain that for me, moosie.

My understanding of "pro bono" is a service provided free, for the public good. Just who are you suggesting that lawyers provide the free service for - the litigant (F and B), or the defendant ( Bathurst)? And if the latter, why would an expensive lawyer donate free services to a commercial entity?

Picked up some Bathhurst Resources yesterday. Price of Coal has gone from $130 to $430 a tonne since 1 March 2022. PE 2.88 at $1.05.
    “Instead of thinking “I’m right”, ask yourself “How do I know I am right?” Find the smartest people to disagree with you so you can stress test your ideas.” Ray Dalio

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Drew95 View Post
    Picked up some Bathhurst Resources yesterday. Price of Coal has gone from $130 to $430 a tonne since 1 March 2022. PE 2.88 at $1.05.
    Yup, its dirt cheap, should be more like $3 currently not a fraction over $1... also, the thread is here: https://www.sharetrader.co.nz/showth...es-BRL/page100

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    Yup, its dirt cheap, should be more like $3 currently not a fraction over $1... also, the thread is here: https://www.sharetrader.co.nz/showth...es-BRL/page100

Ahh. Thanks for that link.
    “Instead of thinking “I’m right”, ask yourself “How do I know I am right?” Find the smartest people to disagree with you so you can stress test your ideas.” Ray Dalio