sharetrader
Page 284 of 303 FirstFirst ... 184234274280281282283284285286287288294 ... LastLast
Results 2,831 to 2,840 of 3023
    Advanced Member

Balance I also think a further offer will come out of the woodwork the TIL share will be earnings accretive for the likes of BWX with a 45x PE, will be interesting how this pans out but puts a stick in the ground re worth .....
    Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    correct - should have said they need at least another 18.8%; If everybody who is eligible to vote is voting, they will need 75% of all votes - i.e. Baker Boys plus another 43,8%.

In reality it will be somewhere in between the additional 18,8% and 43,8%; Not that easy.

From a personal point of view - not sure I would want to give them my shares for only $2.90; Let's wait for the report - and what the NZSA has to say, but unless they better the offer probably voting against. I think TIL is currently quite nice positioned - no need to give it away.
    I would have preferred to get at least $3.20, but I'm happy to sell my shares at $2.90. I have a lot of capital invested in Trilogy which I like would to diversify into other investments. I also intend to reward myself with a Chanel handbag which I have always dreamed of owning someday. I have been rewarded very well since my first purchase in 2011.

I feel the board and management are accepting this $2.90 offer far too easily.
    I remember at the 2016 AGM, someone during Q&A asked if there were any potential buyers for TIL.

Geoff Ross sarcastically joked something like "yes, we are a highly attractive takeover prospect..."
    Then followed up with along the lines of "no... we believe we can provide alot more value for shareholders..."

During this time, TIL was trading at a bit over $4.
    So doesn't seem right for Geoff to scoff at the idea of a takeover offer while TIL were over $4, then just 14 months later sell out at $2.90.

Quote Originally Posted by JayRiggs View Post
    I feel the board and management are accepting this $2.90 offer far too easily.
    I remember at the 2016 AGM, someone during Q&A asked if there were any potential buyers for TIL.

Geoff Ross sarcastically joked something like "yes, we are a highly attractive takeover prospect..."
    Then followed up with along the lines of "no... we believe we can provide alot more value for shareholders..."

During this time, TIL was trading at a bit over $4.
    So doesn't seem right for Geoff to scoff at the idea of a takeover offer while TIL were over $4, then just 14 months later sell out at $2.90.
    But things have changed .... TIL not delivering ......they struggling to grow ....and as said this morning things are going to take time

Was never really worth $4 plus .....but they did well selling down at a good price eh

But first offer often not the last so hang tight

Independent report probably come in at $2.75 to $3.05

And don't forget the Ecoya discount ....that knocks a bit of the price
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    But things have changed .... TIL not delivering ......they struggling to grow ....and as said this morning things are going to take time

Was never really worth $4 plus .....but they did well selling down at a good price eh

But first offer often not the last so hang tight

Independent report probably come in at $2.75 to $3.05

And don't forget the Ecoya discount ....that knocks a bit of the price
    Yes I agree, things have changed for sure.
    It just feels disingenuous of board and management a little over a year ago to talk about how they can drive shareholder value without being bought out, and the capital raise at $3.70.... then selling out at $2.90.
    If there's that much potential growth in China, then I feel TIL can give us far far more than $2.90.

Of course, I understand board and management are more after their own interests and this is the risk in investing... I'll take it in the butt.

While I'll be taking a bit of a loss on this, at the same time I'll be happy to get the capital back and go sniffing for other investment opportunities.

Quote Originally Posted by steveb View Post
    Hey BP do you know if CITIC are holding any shares or have tied any up elsewhere?
    Not according to the announcement ...
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by Everwood View Post
    I would have preferred to get at least $3.20, but I'm happy to sell my shares at $2.90. I have a lot of capital invested in Trilogy which I like would to diversify into other investments. I also intend to reward myself with a Chanel handbag which I have always dreamed of owning someday. I have been rewarded very well since my first purchase in 2011.
    You are a tough negotiator, though ... ;
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Congrats to the faithful, well done for showing tenacity with your holding.
    Well this faithful and tenacious little bear is feeling very glum and unrewarded Bought into Trilogy at $0.60 and sat happily on them for a while then unfortunately nibbled away at a few between $3.20 and $3.80 as it was going up thinking I was onto a good thing and then bought into the SPP as well. Needless to say I will be a few grand down the gurgler on this one. Gulp. And yep I know I shouldnt have held on in the downtrend, bugger.

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

So is it better to hold on and see what eventuates or sell out and put the money into the next good thing

Quote Originally Posted by RupertBear View Post
    So is it better to hold on and see what eventuates or sell out and put the money into the next good thing
    First bid is never last or highest bid as a general rule.

I would be very surprised if BWX is not meeting its advisors to discuss situation.