sharetrader
Page 268 of 303 FirstFirst ... 168218258264265266267268269270271272278 ... LastLast
Results 2,671 to 2,680 of 3023

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Wonder if any body is interested in buying them now?

The big pay day still on the cards?
    Always right to buy at $2.10, W69.

Takeover by BWX or merger probability increases with sp back to current levels.

Banned

Lucky buyer that pick up @2.06...hopefully not winner that did the down ramping n created fear early this morning..lol

dreadful . those new lows wont be to far away reckon
    one step ahead of the herd

Advanced Member

Am I the only one bearish on TIL? If shorting were allowed I would have opened short positions everything over $2.50.

Quote Originally Posted by silu View Post
    Am I the only one bearish on TIL? If shorting were allowed I would have opened short positions everything over $2.50.
    Give Forsyth Barr a call - they can arrange for you to short stocks, subject to availability.

TIL with a market cap of over $100m would be available, I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Give Forsyth Barr a call - they can arrange for you to short stocks, subject to availability.

TIL with a market cap of over $100m would be available, I believe.
    Brave person to short a stock like TIL which could be subject to corporate activity any day - but hi, that's why there is a market and a shorting facility provided by the likes of Forsyth barr.

BWX now on F17 PER of 26.8X and F18 PER of 23.7X - vs TIL (@$2.23) on F17 PER of 13.2X and F18 PER of 12X.

BWX could takeover TIL on a PER of 16X ($3.00) and still enjoy a huge uplift in EPS - one scenario I assess as likely to happen.
    Last edited by Balance; 28-09-2017 at 01:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by King1212 View Post
    Lucky buyer that pick up @2.06...hopefully not winner that did the down ramping n created fear early this morning..lol
    Looks like if he does not sell soon... he will just as unlucky as most of us

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Brave person to short a stock like TIL which could be subject to corporate activity any day - but hi, that's why there is a market and a shorting facility provided by the likes of Forsyth barr.

BWX now on F17 PER of 26.8X and F18 PER of 23.7X - vs TIL (@$2.23) on F17 PER of 13.2X and F18 PER of 12X.

BWX could takeover TIL on a PER of 16X ($3.00) and still enjoy a huge uplift in EPS - one scenario I assess as likely to happen.
    BMX been fine tuning their M&A skills lately ......you would think that Trilogy is still(?) on their short lists

Unless the ex chairman lining up some big global player

Yep 200/210 is complete bottom for the share price - wpouldn't want to miss out on the 300 plus takeover would we
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    BMX been fine tuning their M&A skills lately ......you would think that Trilogy is still(?) on their short lists

Unless the ex chairman lining up some big global player

Yep 200/210 is complete bottom for the share price - wpouldn't want to miss out on the 300 plus takeover would we
    I mentioned this yesterday, curious as to why BWX hasn't even bothered trying... maybe they are waiting for the 3rd AGM in a row TIL provide wishy washy guidance (ie another year away).

Some were convinced in late June that they had got a never to be seen again bargain at the low $2 mark... yet we are here again just 3 months later... maybe another press release about a nice company they have taken over and how wonderful things will be etc will ensure it doesn't go sub $2 (which would make the already terrible chat, even worse).

Lets also hope the next year following the AGM isn't like the last, where the share price proceeded to nearly halve - I don't think the PE can get much lower than 11.8 it is on right now, but I'm not sure how TIL will really go... so there isn't much reason for me to buy it (I have been skeptical of their products - what drives any business - since the good old days when the share price was nudging $5, as many will know) I've always preferred to buy other companies, that (mostly) have double digit growth, with a tangible and favorable outlook trading at the same or less PE than TIL is today.

The hype and optimism on the form these last few days has unfortunately not been lived up to and the share price reaction today confirms this loud and clear - lets hope for the big take over offer by BWX for something exotic like $2.50 or maybe the big $3 - then again, do they want to buy what is fast turning into a Dog? (at least parts of the business sure are!)
    Last edited by trader_jackson; 28-09-2017 at 03:19 PM.

Advanced Member

"Trilogy said increased costs of rosehip oil, its investment in relaunching its Ecoya brand, and margin compression from a weaker New Zealand dollar had impacted on its first-half profitability, though that has been offset by upside from its acquisition of Lanocorp."

Just wondering , I thought they purchased or invested in a plantation in South America to guarantee supply of Rosehip oil , did this agreement not lock in an advantageous price ?