sharetrader
Page 273 of 303 FirstFirst ... 173223263269270271272273274275276277283 ... LastLast
Results 2,721 to 2,730 of 3023

BWX acquires Andalou Natural, I was hoping it would acquire Trilogy!

Quote Originally Posted by Everwood View Post
    BWX acquires Andalou Natural, I was hoping it would acquire Trilogy!
    Didn't BWX's announcement state a US naturals company...? No surprises here.

Outside thinking.

Resignation of CFO.....bit of a concern.

Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post
    Resignation of CFO.....bit of a concern.
    No just off to broaden her horizons .....and make more dish

Career changes are good
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    No just off to broaden her horizons .....and make more dish

Career changes are good
    You are probably right ... and the fact that she is working out her notice period is a good sign. On the other hand - resigning after only 2 years on the job is a bit fast to build a solid career. Do this too often and recruiters will label her as "job-hopper".
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Advanced Member

Holders thoughts on the weakening exchange rate effecting TIL's results +/-. Clearly CS CO is the loser with a lower Kiwi vs USD but conversely Trilogy making majority of sales in AUD and other overseas currencies being winners ?
    Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    You are probably right ... and the fact that she is working out her notice period is a good sign. On the other hand - resigning after only 2 years on the job is a bit fast to build a solid career. Do this too often and recruiters will label her as "job-hopper".
    really not too sure about this BP
    conversely I've heard that staying in a job too long is showing a lack of ambition, so I think the bottom line is that it is hard to draw any firm conclusions from this event.
    Last edited by peat; 20-10-2017 at 11:13 AM.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    really not too sure about this BP
    conversely I've heard that staying in a job too long is showing a lack of ambition, so I think the bottom line is that it is hard to draw any firm conclusions from this event.
    I used to hire lots of highly qualified people during my career. Experience taught me that a job change every 5 to 6 years (plus / minus) seems to be sort of the optimum. Obviously - this does not need to come with changing the company.

This frequency demonstrates that the candidate does not run away when confronted with the first real problems any job position comes with, but it shows as well that the candidate is building their career, looking for bigger challenges and not procrastinating.

I'd see several 2 year stunts in a CV definitely as a problem (unless there is a real good reason for it) - these people have never really seen the long term outcome of their decisions and their employers obviously didn't value them enough to pay them what they think they are worth. Bad match and unsuitable for any senior position.

Look at it from the employer's position: why would you want to hire someone and show them the ropes who is going to leave again in 2 years time?

There is a good reason that CEO's have typically 5 year contracts ... that's enough time to see whether senior people are worth their salt and it is enough time for them to really add value (if they do).

Having said all this - I obviously have no specific knowledge of this case ... and particularly if it is a one off, there might be a good and innocent reason for the short tenure.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

https://www.nzx.com/files/attachments/268441.pdf

Looks very appealing from a shareholder's perspective.Is QBID different from Daigou? or am i comparing apples and oranges?I see differentiation strategy being employed.

Advanced Member

QBID http://www.qbid.com.au/ - this is the company distributing TIL online via cross boarder e commerce (CBEC) - with china only allowing products which have been tested on animals to be sold domestically it makes it very difficult for TIL to sell products via traditional domestic channels. Hence why they are focusing online in china.

Daigou are essentially small personal shoppers who come to AUS & NZ to buy TIL and send back home via informal channels (ie bypass border controls).

Either way sellers have dried right up 20k on offer up to 273. Once PIE's out I think it could be game on, lets just hope TIL are doing it the correct way in china....
    Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils