sharetrader
Page 199 of 201 FirstFirst ... 99149189195196197198199200201 LastLast
Results 2,971 to 2,985 of 3003
  1. #2971
    An awesome cool cat winner69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    , , .
    Posts
    20,099

    Default

    This will make your day black peter

    http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...435/276119.pdf

    Business Bakery picking up the tab for a lot of the costs
    The bullish case is always most compelling on the highs.

  2. #2972
    An awesome cool cat winner69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    , , .
    Posts
    20,099

    Default

    Still subject to OIO approval

    That could be interesting
    The bullish case is always most compelling on the highs.

  3. #2973
    always learning ... BlackPeter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Canterbury
    Posts
    3,702

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    This will make your day black peter

    http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...435/276119.pdf

    Business Bakery picking up the tab for a lot of the costs
    A bit spongy (the provided info) - but what do you recon? Are they doing this out of the goodness of their heart?
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

  4. #2974
    Legend
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    8,405

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    This will make your day black peter

    http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...435/276119.pdf

    Business Bakery picking up the tab for a lot of the costs
    Hate to observe it as such but announcement is a bit ominous?

    If the takeover does not go through for whatever reason, the sp could really tank with the latest profit downgrade.

    Highly unlikely as CITIC is not acquiring TIL for the short term profitability but I just wonder if the Baker Boys are very keen to get this deal through so is prepared to cover some of CITIC's costs.
    Last edited by Balance; 13-03-2018 at 10:14 AM.

  5. #2975
    always learning ... BlackPeter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Canterbury
    Posts
    3,702

    Default

    Over and out. Too much murkiness for me. Made some money with TIL (even if I didn't manage to buy at balances $2.10 always right), but can't help - some bitter aftertaste just stays.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

  6. #2976
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    146

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Hate to observe it as such but announcement is a bit ominous?

    If the takeover does not go through for whatever reason, the sp could really tank with the latest profit downgrade.

    Highly unlikely as CITIC is not acquiring TIL for the short term profitability but I just wonder if the Baker Boys are very keen to get this deal through so is prepared to cover some of CITIC's costs.
    Right on the money Balance-I sold out couple of weeks to rebalance my portfolio-I just proved myself right. The "more or less" wording in the guidance is just pure desperation from BB to pressurise shareholders to accept the offer(I guess)...very wishy washy here...

  7. #2977
    Legend
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    8,405

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Over and out. Too much murkiness for me. Made some money with TIL (even if I didn't manage to buy at balances $2.10 always right), but can't help - some bitter aftertaste just stays.
    Just the way with takeovers - recall with Tower that the stock was trading at $1.25 to $1.30 before Commerce Commission rejected Vero's $1.40 takeover?

    Share price tanked to as low as 75c (40%) before the rights issue was announced.

    10c upside there vs 50c downside if deal not approved - easy decision to make.

    I think TIL's deal will go through but today's announcement is rather sketchy and smacks of desperate behind the scenes maneuvering to appease CITIC - could be good but could be bad.

    When in doubt, stay or get out!

  8. #2978
    Advanced Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    1,643

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    Boy oh boy, wouldn't' surprise me if those guys that have proposed to pay near the top of the range of an 'independent valuation' are now trying to use the small print to get out of it...
    no wonder things have gone pretty quiet lately.

    Lets hope this get out of jail free card holders have been handed does go through because if it doesn't, $2.10 will not be an "always right to buy" level
    just a day after I posted this and already the offer has been sweetened... makes you think CITIC are having real doubts about this.

  9. #2979
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    553

    Default

    It is pretty much a done deal, with very little room for CITIC to withdraw at this stage. The exact details of the agreement (and the conditions under which the agreement can be terminated) is publicly available, so have a read.

    I think OIO approval is the real unknown. Personally don't think the risk/reward ratio is right to warrant trying to pick up the 10 cents.

  10. #2980
    Legend
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    8,405

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyTheHorse View Post
    It is pretty much a done deal, with very little room for CITIC to withdraw at this stage. The exact details of the agreement (and the conditions under which the agreement can be terminated) is publicly available, so have a read.

    I think OIO approval is the real unknown. Personally don't think the risk/reward ratio is right to warrant trying to pick up the 10 cents.
    Agree with you re CITIC.

    The announcement today though is rather worrying - these Baker boys are not known for their generosity!

  11. #2981
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    326

    Default

    I really appreciate everyone sharing their knowledge here. Thankyou. I try to DMOR but i have limited knowledge really. I sold out today after buying at 2.23 and 2.30, so am happy to move some to ERD and SML . I appreciate this info you share is not advice, but it does help a balanced view on a whole. Being a bit conservative, if it plummeted, i wouldn't be very happy, and again, a bird in the hand ....

  12. #2982
    Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    New Zealand.
    Posts
    2,004

    Default

    So what really are they buying , candles and smelling salts , hardly A2 is it !

  13. #2983
    Legend
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    8,405

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whatsup View Post
    So what really are they buying , candles and smelling salts , hardly A2 is it !
    Trilogy is a well established skincare and beauty care brand now - that's really what CITIC is buying.

  14. #2984
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    283

    Default

    Just got back from the meeting. Pretty quick, less than 20mins.
    Grant Baker pretty much just summarised what's already been said from previous announcements.

    A shareholder expressed how people who paid $3.70 are going to lose money and TIL should be sold for a multiple more around 20, because there's heaps of other companies who trade on 20.
    Grant Baker's response that the CITIC offer was the best that was presented to them.
    Grant closed off by saying how it was a privilege to be chairman of Trilogy, with a nice applause after.

  15. #2985
    An awesome cool cat winner69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    , , .
    Posts
    20,099

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JayRiggs View Post
    Just got back from the meeting. Pretty quick, less than 20mins.
    Grant Baker pretty much just summarised what's already been said from previous announcements.

    A shareholder expressed how people who paid $3.70 are going to lose money and TIL should be sold for a multiple more around 20, because there's heaps of other companies who trade on 20.
    Grant Baker's response that the CITIC offer was the best that was presented to them.
    Grant closed off by saying how it was a privilege to be chairman of Trilogy, with a nice applause after.
    Thanks Jay ..... sounds like most shareholders were happy

    Hope OIO don't take too long to say yes .....be a bugger if they say NO now wouldn't it

    Are they expecting a OIO decision by April 11th in saying thats when shares will be suspended
    The bullish case is always most compelling on the highs.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •