sharetrader
Page 209 of 303 FirstFirst ... 109159199205206207208209210211212213219259 ... LastLast
Results 2,081 to 2,090 of 3023

Thanks for the link Stoploss...Makes me wonder what changed their "long term positive outlook" into dumping about 4% of their holdings...scary days for TIL...

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Perhaps they have been reading the hounds pontifications and have caught the same scent of trouble coming as I have. I enjoy trying to sniff around the next corner and am pretty sure I have this one right and it seems PIE funds can see my point of view too. $2 far more likely in the foreseeable future than $3 in my opinion. EPS after tax < 15 cps, remember the hound called it first.
    So you reckon the PIE will be selling more over the next few weeks or so - if things are this bad even 5 million shares is just too many eh
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by carrom74 View Post
    Thanks for the link Stoploss...Makes me wonder what changed their "long term positive outlook" into dumping about 4% of their holdings...scary days for TIL...
    Sold over 20% of their shares eh

The rest to be sold soon - maybe a Ceasing to be a SSH notice in next day or 2
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Advanced Member

see my post 1995 , they are giving themselves an out on the guidance , next hiccup they will blame some sort of problem in China . Happy to put a pint on it .....

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    So you reckon the PIE will be selling more over the next few weeks or so - if things are this bad even 5 million shares is just too many eh
    That's the question. Will we see the "no longer a substantial holder" notice. Selling 1m could be put down to anything really - better opportunity etc. But if they continue to sell then something must have changed substantially.

Lots of buyers picking up large parcels over recent times though. Now we know it's not Pie I wonder who it is. Other 2 funds still holding tight with a tick over 5%.

Tricky waters to navigate. Could be capitulation, could be a sign of things to come.

Quote Originally Posted by stoploss View Post
    see my post 1995 , they are giving themselves an out on the guidance , next hiccup they will blame some sort of problem in China . Happy to put a pint on it .....
    Read your post but what i still can't understand is that when the announcement was made about China on Nov 29th, the SP was $3.28 and PIE sold it yesterday at $2.65.In short if china issue worries them so much then the should have diluted their holding long ago...if we assume that being the case.

Advanced Member

Read your post but what i still can't understand is that when the announcement was made about China on Nov 29th, the SP was $3.28 and PIE sold it yesterday at $2.65.In short if china issue worries them so much then the should have diluted their holding long ago...if we assume that being the case.
    The announcement I am talking about was in the NZX Speeding ticket ( on the downside) enquiry .When you have that many shares it is not easy to sell . They publicly said in January they were adding shares and still liked the story , so recent update might have been the catalyst .

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Yes I am certain they will be looking for any reasonable opportunity to extricate themselves from this company. Pretty clear to me that sales per share, i.e. growth adjusted for the increased number of shares on issue compared to the same half last year is now negative and they don't want to invest in a growth company that's stopped growing...very bad for business.
    Last edited by Beagle; 14-02-2017 at 10:03 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

It was only in recent weeks that CVT really shocked the market with its savage downgrade blaming it on China. Takes a little time to add up the disappointing numbers and then a few days more to craft up the usual corporate spin that often comes with these sort of announcements. As stoploss has mentioned they have left the gate wide open for a downgrade something I am also happy to put a pint on happening.
    Last edited by Beagle; 14-02-2017 at 10:01 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Easier said than done when your holding is large relative to the liquidity of the stock. This is always the big risk for fund managers that invest in small caps - they can't easily exit their position. Individual investors have a huge advantage here.