sharetrader
Page 295 of 303 FirstFirst ... 195245285291292293294295296297298299 ... LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,950 of 3023

I wonder how guaranteed this deal is. If the markets crash could the buyers pull out? Beats me but for the sake of a couple of percent I don't reckon it's worth the risk holding anymore so I sold the last of my shares yesterday. Trilogy has been very good to me and I hope the rest of you holders are well rewarded.

Quote Originally Posted by Twinklefingers View Post
    I wonder how guaranteed this deal is. If the markets crash could the buyers pull out? Beats me but for the sake of a couple of percent I don't reckon it's worth the risk holding anymore so I sold the last of my shares yesterday. Trilogy has been very good to me and I hope the rest of you holders are well rewarded.
    yes good point

mst read the SOA to see ....usually a clause to cover such events
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by babymonster View Post
    yes, pretty much always the case. this doesn't look good to me...
    This Friday afternoon maybe they'll say something/anything?

Morgan Stanley have been topping up well the last few days.... is that just a quick semi-guaranteed profit when the deal goes through? Or is there more value that they see?

Looks like we getting a pretty good deal at $2.90

The takeover bid fell within independent adviser Grant Samuel's valuation range of between $2.59 and $2.94

Still hoping for another bid from somebody but not holding my breath
    Last edited by winner69; 16-02-2018 at 06:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post

The takeover bid fell within independent adviser Grant Samuel's valuation range of between $2.59 and $2.94

Yep, funny coincidence. Just remind me - who payed for the "independent" valuation?
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Guru

Seems when I posted a few minutes after the initial $2.90 take over bid "that the holders have been handed a get out of jail free card" was almost quite literally on the money - Grant Samuel believes, at best, it is worth just a few cents more.

I thought there was meant to be an announcement or some kind of update released weeks ago... so it is good we finally have something at least, but it looks like the prospect of holders getting a higher offer (which management were probably trying to get all these weeks?) is now next to zero.

Enjoy the get out of jail free card - they don't come along all that often.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Yep, funny coincidence. Just remind me - who payed for the "independent" valuation?
    Obviously not you ...but if even you did pay for it I’m sure that it would have come out the same
    Last edited by winner69; 16-02-2018 at 09:32 PM.

Obviously not you ...but if even you did pay for it I’m sure that it would have come out the same
    Actually, given that it is likely the company paying for the report I am in as a shareholder.

What I should have asked ... who's interests is the report likely to represent? The interests of the major cornerstone shareholder (who already made lots of money by selling into an inflated CR which was supported by board and management), the interests of the board who already signed their right to independent judgement away (nota bene - prior to commissioning and reading the report) - or the interests of the retail shareholder?

Ah well, we probably should wait until we see it, but I don't hold my breath ...
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    Seems when I posted a few minutes after the initial $2.90 take over bid "that the holders have been handed a get out of jail free card" was almost quite literally on the money - Grant Samuel believes, at best, it is worth just a few cents more.

I thought there was meant to be an announcement or some kind of update released weeks ago... so it is good we finally have something at least, but it looks like the prospect of holders getting a higher offer (which management were probably trying to get all these weeks?) is now next to zero.

Enjoy the get out of jail free card - they don't come along all that often.
    Nothing jail free about this card.

It was always on the cards that TIL would be taken over/sold - that was and is the Baker Boys strategy.

Question of when, not if.

Always right to buy at $2.10!