sharetrader
Page 5 of 303 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast
    Ignorant. Just ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by ratkin View Post
    After seeing the massive discount on their candles at living and giving, and the merchandise not moving at all , decided to sell my small holding

Just a warning to holders , it has taken me seven days just to sell 5000 shares at .96c , they are so illiquid that they almost impossible to sell. You better hope there some good news down the track or your going to be stuck with them.
    Maybe a lot of holders are simply planning to leave them in the bottom drawer until the takeover bid turns up ? Wasn't that the original plan ?

Lack of liquidity can also play to your advantage if the company is doing the right things. It just comes down to the results the company produces and how long you are prepared to hold on to the shares.

For somebody who wants to hold to shares long term, taking 7 days to eventually sell the shares isn't really an issue. No doubt it is a big issue for a share trader.

Thanks for the comments on the discounted candles Ratkin. It's probably not such a bad thing they are trying to move their stock at a discount after the Christmas season. I'd be far more concerned if they had adopted that practice during the silly season itself.

After seeing the massive discount on their candles at living and giving, and the merchandise not moving at all , decided to sell my small holding

Just a warning to holders , it has taken me seven days just to sell 5000 shares at .96c , they are so illiquid that they almost impossible to sell. You better hope there some good news down the track or your going to be stuck with them.
    If it has taken you seven days to sell 5000 shares at 0.96c, why haven’t any shares sold at 0.96 cents since 2 February? The last sale price was at 0.95 cents.

Advanced Member

Exactly and they were mine , i can easily prove it if you like . Had an order in for 5000 last sold on feb 2nd , had 200 left over that sat at the front of the queue for the next week without sellling. Yesterday somneone jumped in front , wanting to sell at .95 . So i sold the remaining 200 on market yesterday at .93 cents , that sale is the reason the price dopped yesterday fromn .95 to .93

Dont appreciate my honesty being bought into question
    Last edited by ratkin; 09-02-2012 at 11:05 AM.

Exactly and they were mine , i can easily prove it if you like . Had an order in for 5000 last sold on feb 2nd , had 200 left over that sat at the front of the queue for the next week without sellling. Yesterday somneone jumped in front , wanting to sell at .95 . So i sold the remaining 200 on market yesterday at .93 cents , that sale is the reason the price dopped yesterday fromn .95 to .93

Dont appreciate my honesty being bought into question
    The way you wrote your previous message, implied you sold your 5000 shares yesterday at 0.96. Also never mention yesterday you sold 200 shares at 0.93 at Market price.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Everwood View Post
    The way you wrote your previous message, implied you sold your 5000 shares yesterday at 0.96. Also never mention yesterday you sold 200 shares at 0.93 at Market price.

All i said was it took seven days to sell 5000 shares

Happy now?

All i said was it took seven days to sell 5000 shares

Happy now?
    You said "it has taken me seven days just to sell 5000 shares at .96c" Which didn't sound right, this is the reason why I asked.

A quiet thread, even after yesterdays anns

Mike Taylor is a sharp operator so he must have seen value somewhere. The SP has pipped up today too.

I haven't been following ECO, but Geoff Ross? (Level 42 guy) is a great marketer.

I'll be paying more attention now though perhaps I'll start by reading this thread

Oh well the thread was a short read, not much going on.

Yes, the liquidity is almost non-existant. I do hope MT knows what he's doing.

Quote Originally Posted by ob1kinobi View Post
    Oh well the thread was a short read, not much going on.

Yes, the liquidity is almost non-existant. I do hope MT knows what he's doing.
    His track record suggests he does.
    I'm guessing he's looking for something that is less dependent on Chinese growth, since my understanding is that he has recently exited some positions and is expecting a significant slowdown of China's economy to occur soon.