sharetrader
Page 98 of 303 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899100101102108148198 ... LastLast

Mmmm expected I guess, maybe an opportunity to topup.

Investor

Large price movements are what you get with tightly held stock like this one...

老外

Clearly some were expecting a short term bounce from the annual report and are getting out when it didn't happen. Happy to see them go!

Quote Originally Posted by Paper Tiger View Post
    The companies future outlook reads as 'blowed if we know what is going to happen' to me.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger

Disc: Hold too few
    Will take confident strides in dynamic consumer sectors. Not the sort of language we're used too is it ! I prefer defined targets...must be the bean counter in me.
    Good growth company but I prefer CVT with its defined target of doubling sales and proven benefits of manuka honey... still one supposes that a bob each way isn't a silly idea either.

Too much thinking required to identify what potential sales might be next year? Must be too expensive. Do your research quickly before the brokers clear the air too much

2019 NZ Stock Picking Winner silverblizzard888's Avatar

After results came out and working out real growth rate, even at 50% growth for the next 3 years my fair value for the market cap would be around $236 million for now or about $3.81 per share. The price was anticipating a lot more and probably a forecast too, but it seems the uncertainty puts more risk in it. Though it is a good business, but even good businesses can reach an overvalue point.

*Just my thoughts on a valuation, I'm sure many here have different ways they value and end up with different numbers too.
    Last edited by silverblizzard888; 30-05-2016 at 03:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by silverblizzard888 View Post
    After results came out and working out real growth rate, even at 50% growth for the next 3 years my fair value for the market cap would be around $236 million for now or about $3.81 per share. The price was anticipating a lot more and probably a forecast too, but it seems the uncertainty puts more risk in it. Though it is a good business, but even good businesses can reach an overvalue point.

*Just my thoughts on a valuation, I'm sure many here have different ways they value and end up with different numbers too.
    50% growth each year for 3 years = a EPS of 50c in three years correct?

Edit: Numbers
    current eps 15c
    1 year @ 50% growth = 22.5c
    2 years = 33.75c
    3 years = 50.6c

Edit 2: More numbers
    Revenue growing by 50% each year for 3 years = 280m revenue in three years. I'd be smiling at that
    Last edited by Jinx; 30-05-2016 at 03:19 PM. Reason: More Numbers

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post

current eps 15c
    2 years = 33.75c
    3 years = 50.6c
    Yes agreed... What's behind your numbers SB? Percy posted his summary of other posters EPS for next year, would be interesting to see where you fit in

2019 NZ Stock Picking Winner silverblizzard888's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post

current eps 15c
    2 years = 33.75c
    3 years = 50.6c
    (This is working out todays current fair value, as time passes of course it will be worth more by next year)

My value model is based off sales and growth. I broke up the 83 million revenue. 55 million for Trilogy, Goodness and Ecoya and 28 million for CS&Co.
    55 million growing at 50% is about 185 million compounded for 3 years.
    CS & Co was 28 million for 7.5 months. Adjust to work out 12 months is about 38.5 million. I think this company will only grow at about 10% for the next 3 years compounded. Gives about 51 million for that in sales.

*so that might provide a bit more clarity that I didn't do a straight 50% growth on all sales. I think CS & co given they are a distribution company won't be growing like the rest of the business.

The general view for growth companies is to value what their sales worth is in 3 years or 5 depending on their expansion potential, I've gone with 3 years as retail products just start to diminish growth after a while. Add the two numbers together and you have 236 million market as fair value for today.

**If they achieve 50% growth next year then my market cap value for them will be 334 million in 12 months time or $5.40 per share.
    Last edited by silverblizzard888; 30-05-2016 at 03:50 PM.

Thanks for breaking down your thinking. What is your fair value in a years time? My growth assumptions lead to 26cps next year, which leads me to something significantly higher than $4 one year on. Obviously we invest based on an expected SP appreciation over time, so fair value today with a certain amount of growth can still be a good investment when considered what fair value is in a years time.