sharetrader
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by COLIN View Post
    Noted with interest, Shasta. However, personally, I am wary of investing in Childhood Education Centres, influenced no doubt by the ABC fiasco. There was also Kidicorp on the NZAX for a while, but that didn't seem to work and it was privatised by the major shareholder after a short while.

But GEM may have a better model, perhaps.
    GEM - Market Briefing (More Acquistions!)

http://stocknessmonster.com/news-ite...E=ASX&N=226576

Current share price $0.905, & market cap isnt small now, & getting very rich on a P/E basis, but still very much in growth mode & no signs of stopping.

Those who got in at the recent SPP @ $0.69 have done well, & GEM will continue to pay quarterly dividends at 50 - 60 % of profits

Disc: Nil, on watch still

Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    GEM - Market Briefing (More Acquistions!)

http://stocknessmonster.com/news-ite...E=ASX&N=226576

Current share price $0.905, & market cap isnt small now, & getting very rich on a P/E basis, but still very much in growth mode & no signs of stopping.

Those who got in at the recent SPP @ $0.69 have done well, & GEM will continue to pay quarterly dividends at 50 - 60 % of profits

Disc: Nil, on watch still
    GEM - New SSH

Northcape Capital Pty Ltd is now on the register with 5.99% or ~9m shares (acquired on market an av. $0.85)

Northcape Capital Pty Ltd

About Northcape:

Northcape Capital Pty Ltd (Northcape) is an independent, privately-owned investment manager dedicated to the management of equities. It’s majority-owned by its four founders, with a significant minority interest now also held by members of the small cap team.

Northcape believes value can be consistently added by taking advantage of short-term market inefficiencies through performing thorough bottom-up company research. Its multiple portfolio manager investment process allows freedom of investigation, analysis, valuation and judgement. Each portfolio manager runs a portfolio and also does company analysis. This differs from many managers who typically separate the research role from the portfolio management role.

Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    GEM - New SSH

Northcape Capital Pty Ltd is now on the register with 5.99% or ~9m shares (acquired on market an av. $0.85)

Northcape Capital Pty Ltd

About Northcape:

Northcape Capital Pty Ltd (Northcape) is an independent, privately-owned investment manager dedicated to the management of equities. It’s majority-owned by its four founders, with a significant minority interest now also held by members of the small cap team.

Northcape believes value can be consistently added by taking advantage of short-term market inefficiencies through performing thorough bottom-up company research. Its multiple portfolio manager investment process allows freedom of investigation, analysis, valuation and judgement. Each portfolio manager runs a portfolio and also does company analysis. This differs from many managers who typically separate the research role from the portfolio management role.
    GEM - Kindy Patch Business

http://stocknessmonster.com/news-ite...E=ASX&N=226966

The Kindy Patch business was acquired for 12m GEM shares (approx ~$10m at current share price)

Includes, 8 centres in Queensland & 22 in NSW

Nobody posted for 4 years

Been one of the stars of the ASX and now afr touts as a future bluechip

http://www.afr.com/p/markets/seek_re...9LdIlhVBguYfOM

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Nobody posted for 4 years

Been one of the stars of the ASX and now afr touts as a future bluechip

http://www.afr.com/p/markets/seek_re...9LdIlhVBguYfOM

So true winner69

I agree all the way. It has been good to me and will grow into the future.

2019 NZ Stock Picking Winner silverblizzard888's Avatar

Wow this is a great stock! Growing assets every year also growing liabilities but asset growth is outpacing it. Cash in hand now exceeds 100 million. Dividend paid seems to be increasing every 9 months or so. Revenue is constantly up every year along with profits.

I do have one question cause they seem to have announced a 20 cent per share dividend and google finance say they have 330.94 million shares. That would be $66 million in dividend, how is that sustainable in the long run when they last earnt only 31 million. They appear to like to increase dividend in the last 4 years so wouldn't make sense to do something thats not sustainable. Why increase to 20 cents when 18 cents the previous dividend is already more than they are earning. With a big increase in liabilities too, shouldn't they be paying some of that off with the money? I feel like I'm missing something.
    Last edited by silverblizzard888; 12-08-2014 at 03:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by silverblizzard888 View Post
    Wow this is a great stock! Growing assets every year also growing liabilities but asset growth is outpacing it. Cash in hand now exceeds 100 million. Dividend paid seems to be increasing every 9 months or so. Revenue is constantly up every year along with profits.

I do have one question cause they seem to have announced a 20 cent per share dividend and google finance say they have 330.94 million shares. That would be $66 million in dividend, how is that sustainable in the long run when they last earnt only 31 million. They appear to like to increase dividend in the last 4 years so wouldn't make sense to do something thats not sustainable. Why increase to 20 cents when 18 cents the previous dividend is already more than they are earning. With a big increase in liabilities too, shouldn't they be paying some of that off with the money? I feel like I'm missing something.
    Hi silverblizzard888.

I am a bit lost on your question of the 66M dividend pool

Maybe this link will help. Pays .18c per share annually and is (.06c x quarterly)

http://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/2014081...ch0s41pkf3.pdf

GXL and GEM are my best ASX shares at the moment.

Cheers
    Blocker3
    Last edited by blocker3; 14-08-2014 at 09:12 PM.

Another great day for G8 Education (GEM). Sorry people but this excellent growth stock does not deserve to be stuck back on Thread page 5.

I challenge anyone who reads this to have a good look at this stocks (TA and FA) and show me something -ve.

http://www.4-traders.com/G8-EDUCATION-LTD-9711633/

When on this web page above

1/Do check out the CONSENSUS tab
    2/And do change to a 2 yr duration (from Auto)

(NZX stocks are flat until after the election. I started moving my portfolio over to the ASX last Feb,and therafter more so when the $NZ/AUS was high)

Also more info

http://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/2014081...ch0s41pkf3.pdf

Cheers
    Blocker3
    Last edited by blocker3; 09-09-2014 at 11:46 PM.

This is one of the stock that I have bought using my super. Hopefully it will do well long term.

Quote Originally Posted by edison View Post
    This is one of the stock that I have bought using my super. Hopefully it will do well long term.
    Hi edison

Great choice with GEM.We shall watch this space.

Cheers
    Blocker3