sharetrader
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    KW

Default VOC Vocus Communications

Another little telco company outperforming the economy and the market. Now that Pipe Networks has been sold to TPG, VOC is the only independent wholesaler left. Good client base, growing much faster than forecast, and highly profitable. Trading on a low historical P/E of 9 (forward P/E much lower).

Along with AMM and TPG, its one of my new favourite stocks.

Quite illiquid on the sell side, but look for an entry opportunity.

Note: ignore previous financial information for this company, as Vocus was a backdoor listing in June 2010. The company was previously a fund manager (FOF).

percy

Quote Originally Posted by KW View Post
    Another little telco company outperforming the economy and the market. Now that Pipe Networks has been sold to TPG, VOC is the only independent wholesaler left. Good client base, growing much faster than forecast, and highly profitable. Trading on a low historical P/E of 9 (forward P/E much lower).

Along with AMM and TPG, its one of my new favourite stocks.

Quite illiquid on the sell side, but look for an entry opportunity.

Note: ignore previous financial information for this company, as Vocus was a backdoor listing in June 2010. The company was previously a fund manager (FOF).
    Again thanks KW.I sold my AVE today.looking to spend funds on RYM in NZ,but could not help myself and brought a small of VOC.so am with you with AMM,and NTC.

percy

Sold TPG - bought more VOC. Sell side is pretty illiquid. P/E still very low at 5. Divvy payments start this half :-)

Percy - Another stock in a similar situation is AIR (in case you missed the other thread).
    Thank you KW.I forgot to engage brain.Thought AIR were just another bathroom/kitchen distributor!!! I have just read the annual report and can see why it excites you.solar panel sales,and solar products now make up over 75% of sales.They must be getting great stock turns as inventory only $4mil.Ticks all the right boxes.Well done.

Corporate

Sold TPG - bought more VOC. Sell side is pretty illiquid. P/E still very low at 5. Divvy payments start this half :-)

Percy - Another stock in a similar situation is AIR (in case you missed the other thread).
    Current PE looks >10...or are you working on some earnings guidance?

Both Tradingroom and Comsec have VOC P/E at 5.11, but you are right Corporate. For some reason both have not calculated EPS by dividing profits by current shares outstanding. Lesson is to do your own calculations :-)
    Historical P/E would be 10.7
    Agreed. And by doing some conservative projections based on their quarterly revenue growth I think EPS of 11c could be achieved for FY11. Sadly I don't hold as liquidity hasn't allowed me yet

Advanced Member

I have a little theory about their business going forward. I think a number of ISPs may bring their business to Vocus now that Pipe is owned by TPG. TPG are using Pipe to put a margin squeeze on the rest of the industry so I wouldnt be suprised if the last independent wholesaler picks up a bit more business than expected. It may go some way to explaining why TPG's forward earnings appears to have come off the boil.
    You may be onto it, KW. Nice to see today's rise, on a general down-day. Trends are looking good - check out OBV, Williams, Stochastic, etc. (But I don't think you subscribe to the technical stuff - not that I'm skilled in that area but I have been dabbling and learning.) Bought some a few days ago, at 78.

percy

Well, if an 17% increase in price in one day is "shafting it" long may it continue :-)
    You posted too early KW. 5000 just gone through at $1.makes those ones I brought on 17/9/10 at 72cents look good.As always thank you for your interesting posts.Do not know whether I got any air today.Bit naughty,but if I miss one,will look at cda or others.Just keep them coming.!!!!!!

Advanced Member

Sailing along nicely. I do love it when shares are tightly held and determined buyers have to chase the price up - provided I already hold, of course!

Advanced Member

On a day when my mining stocks generally performed rather indifferently it is encouraging to see a share like VOC contribute 7% today.

There's life outside the mine!

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by COLIN View Post
    On a day when my mining stocks generally performed rather indifferently it is encouraging to see a share like VOC contribute 7% today.

There's life outside the mine!
    Again, when all is gloom in the mining sector, it is encouraging to see that my VOC is one of the few holdings in my portfolio that has ignored the pessimism, and in fact has risen. Buying interest still significantly outweighs the sellers.