sharetrader
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by mark100 View Post
    With the current 60.8m shares on issue I have EPS at 13.3c and the PE a bit over 15. Obviously with a full years contribution from the acquired businesses profit should rise by a decent amount next year. NPAT was around $4.4m in the second half with the acquired businesses contributing for around 3 months of that.

Its hard to estimate a number for FY12 but my current guess is around $12m NPAT and EPS of around 20c. That is cheap for a growth company but for earnings still a year off, with no forecast provided, I don't think the market is probably in the mood to re-rate VOC at present
    Investors should back out the one-off IFRS currency gains when calculating NPAT, which are disclosed as "other income" in the P&L. I made this point a year ago.

Analysts have picked up on this issue, which was probably one reason VOC tanked post FY result. Not to mention that customer growth in the core business has slowed sharply.

Anyway, operating pre-tax profit was $6.5m (after subtracting $3.6m of "other income"), tax that at 30% and NPAT (which, interestingly, is precisely the $2.1m tax figure in the P&L) for the full year was $4.6m. Market cap $100m so historic PER a ritzy 22x at the moment.

Just beware that if you buy this you will get a nasty shock one day on earnings when the AUD falls against the USD from balance date to balance date, or even if the rate of the appreciation of the AUD against the USD slows substantially. However in that case, no doubt management will urge us to look at operating earnings rather than IFRS reported earnings!

IMO

Results out within guidance. $45.3 mill revenue, $16.7mill ebitda, eps 13.3c. s/p down 2.5c so far on small vol.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by KW View Post
    VOC share price is finally moving, of course, this is entirely due to the fact that I sold half my holding a few weeks ago after losing patience with it. I'll be sure to let everyone know my next big sell decision so that you can all buy in :-(
    Sorry I can't stop laughing.!!!!!

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Question Possibly related 'Tiger Effect'

VOC share price is finally moving, of course, this is entirely due to the fact that I sold half my holding a few weeks ago after losing patience with it. I'll be sure to let everyone know my next big sell decision so that you can all buy in :-(
    I am not laughing.

Two days ago I bought into CGF after KW and my super-duper selection software agreed, and entered near the days high. Two days later despite rising closing prices I am not yet in the money. (And MTS which I had sold went up of course!)

So today again my software and KW spot the VOC action, I do not buy in, and the price keeps going up. I am now hoping for a pull-back on Monday.

I sometimes wonder how I ever make any money at this.

Best wishes
    Paper Tiger

Disc: I do not in anyway hold KW or anyone else on this website responsible for the outcome of my investment decisions.
    Last edited by Snow Leopard; 12-04-2013 at 07:39 PM. Reason: possibly (ir)responsible
    om mani peme hum

Super Investor

Quote Originally Posted by Paper Tiger View Post
    I am not laughing.

Two days ago I bought into CGF after KW and my super-duper selection software agreed, and entered near the days high. Two days later despite rising closing prices I am not yet in the money. (And MTS which I had sold went up of course!)

So today again my software and KW spot the VOC action, I do not buy in, and the price keeps going up. I am now hoping for a pull-back on Monday.

I sometimes wonder how I ever make any money at this.

Best wishes
    Paper Tiger

Disc: I do not in anyway hold KW or anyone else on this website responsible for the outcome of my investment decisions.
    Hi PT

I know it's a swear word on this forum but you could always average in.
    h2

Post In reply to your request and other stories

Slight drop in price inline with the overall market, will watch rather than pounce today. No idea what the cause of the rise over the last two days was.

KW: Software is nothing special. A hand-rolled bit of code that runs through price and volume data looking for stocks that:
    1) are setting or are near to the highest price over the last N days, and;
    2) the short-term average volume is greater than the long-term average volume, and;
    3) the average daily value traded is above a minimum level with most prior days above another minimum level.

To summarise: it is going up with increased interest and it is actually possible to buy (and sell) the thing without being most of the market.

First three new arrivals on the list from Fridays data were:
    PPC: volume is up again;
    VMG: volume is up again and just sufficient average daily value
    MNY: rising out of a bit of consolidation.

Still need to do fundamental due-diligence on them.

Best wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

Angry Market Manipulator

F*** F*** F***
    There, just wanted to get that out.
    Would you like me to buy some and thus instantly reverse the trend?

I am beginning to feel that the God of ASX trades does not like me at the moment.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

Exclamation If I had a $ for every uptrend I missed, I could miss more uptrends

Well this continues to go ballistic and I continue to regret not buying in nearly as much as KW regrets selling some.

Do we know why the interest yet?

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

Vocus have bought NZ's FX Networks.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/indu...bre-optic-firm

You guys still trying to buy in? Looks like they have had a good last year!

IMO

Any holders have any ideas why VOC is crashing?