sharetrader
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Aussie REITs

Default Aussie REITs

In the last few weeks I've doubled my holdings in TIX and ARF. Earlier in the year I did the same with GOZ, and I got back into UOS a couple of weeks ago.. I think REITs are a safe place to be at the moment with all the mixed messages we're seeing about the near (2015) future.

Any suggestions about others. I've been trawling through the list of AREITs on the ASX website (follow this link http://www.asx.com.au/products/etf/m...oduct-list.htm) and other than ANI not finding anything that takes my fancy.

Super Investor

Quote Originally Posted by cloggs View Post
    In the last few weeks I've doubled my holdings in TIX and ARF. Earlier in the year I did the same with GOZ, and I got back into UOS a couple of weeks ago.. I think REITs are a safe place to be at the moment with all the mixed messages we're seeing about the near (2015) future.

Any suggestions about others. I've been trawling through the list of AREITs on the ASX website (follow this link http://www.asx.com.au/products/etf/m...oduct-list.htm) and other than ANI not finding anything that takes my fancy.
    I like TOF
    8.25% dividend with increase flagged for March
    Current buy back underway.
    h2

The office counterpart to TIX. 360 Capital seem to have a certain flair for growing shareholder value. I looked at them in the past but have concentrated more on industrial property. Will check them out again. Even at the current 208 asking price the 17 cts dividend is 8.17 percent.

I think REITs're a little expensive right now. It is seeing some signs of slowing growth due to slowing mining sector and less economic activities. They are also sensitive to interest rates. Some market watchers are concerned that an interest rate hike in the U.S. could pull funds away from REITs in Asian Pacific Region. There could be opportunity at lower levels when market becomes weak. At any time we will see weak real state market in New Zealand and Australia probably towards second half of 2015. We are seeing shift in the currency and commodity market now. We will see slow down in stocks and real estate markets next.

My ideas are not a recommendation to either buy or sell any security, commodity, property or currency. Please do your own research prior to making any investment decisions.

What are your thoughts on National Storage (NSR)? Demand for storage units is substantial in Australia.
    Last edited by duncan22; 05-01-2015 at 03:06 PM.

I looked at NSR at the start of December after I read that Milford growth fund has them in their portfolio. They were $1.48 then and I decided against them because as an aspiring TA I thought the MACD showed it was due for a drop in share price. Felt pretty smart because the next day it dropped into the 1.30ties. Noticed it went back up to 1.46 now though. With dividend at this price of 8cts their yield isn't that high.

I also got into LIC, Lifestyle Communities, a retirement village operator, about a year and a half ago. I like their business model in that they sell units but lease out the land. That way they have an annuity coming in from the land rental as well as income from the sales. For their customers it makes sense because they own their own home but have the cash they would have otherwise spent on the land to maintain their lifestyle. LIC doesn't pay a dividend but the share price has done really well.

IMO

Aussie prop stocks dropping ; looking like get out time maybe?

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Aussie prop stocks dropping ; looking like get out time maybe?
    NZ ones have dropped a fair amount lately. I don't think the sky will cave in though.

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    NZ ones have dropped a fair amount lately. I don't think the sky will cave in though.
    The prospect of higher interest rates - eventually - is causing a reassessment of all income stocks, including property and infrastructure stocks. Or so I gather.