sharetrader
Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728 LastLast
    Quiet Observer

As often is the case with more speculative/risky investment opportunities, there are a few "IF's" & "WHEN's" in play with LRS. At least perceived by the market, if not real.

But yes, all going well those good chickens will come home to roost, big time, eventually. Thank you JB for bringing this company to our attention - it's definitely on my watch list!

In the meantime, for whatever reason(s), the chart is clearly telling us that those perceived and/or real questions & concerns still need resolution.
    Yes, there is a 'risk' that the market wakes up and pumps the share price overnight, e.g. through M & A activity. But, the alternative right now means holding onto a falling sharp knife.

More often than not, price action on a chart (including for the Stocks residing at the riskier end of town) will give a sufficient heads-up that positive progress is afoot and hence time to enter.
    Last edited by FTG; 08-12-2023 at 07:54 PM.
    Success is a journey AND a destination!

Today was pretty amazing. Up 35% and just getting started, with some truly extraordinary drilling results. Put this one on your radar for 24' if you like money.
    Last edited by cymonger; 08-12-2023 at 07:24 PM.

Quiet Observer

Yes, wow - A big price movement!

Not on highly elevated volume though, and two days after the JORC increase. A bit odd?

SP now just back to where it was a month ago. Next few trading days will be interesting and hopefully present to us a clearer picture.
    Last edited by FTG; 08-12-2023 at 09:26 PM.
    Success is a journey AND a destination!

I've certainly learned that Lithium stocks move in mysterious ways. GL1 for instance has gone bonkers, although LRS has much stronger numbers. I try to tell myself that eventually the common sense catches up to the share price. Certainly not always true, but as with many stocks, patience and good companies usually prevail.

Great move up yesterday. I have noticed on several occasions that really good announcements from LRS seem to have almost like a delayed reaction where it can be 24/48 hours before the price action looks lively.
    LRS has been my best investment so far, managed to bring myself to sell a few at the 38/39/40c highs and have been buying a few back since it fell back below 24c. Also sounds like there’s a queue forming for the offtakes so that’s really positive too.

Quote Originally Posted by Sous87 View Post
    Great move up yesterday. I have noticed on several occasions that really good announcements from LRS seem to have almost like a delayed reaction where it can be 24/48 hours before the price action looks lively.
    LRS has been my best investment so far, managed to bring myself to sell a few at the 38/39/40c highs and have been buying a few back since it fell back below 24c. Also sounds like there’s a queue forming for the offtakes so that’s really positive too.
    Noticed the same thing - pump usually comes 48 hours after anns and especially on a Friday.

Have been buying all the way from 10c to 40c, and all the way back down again, with probably 25% of purchases between 25c-18c recently, so happy to see it moving up again. Hope for a nice strong finish to the year

Quote Originally Posted by clip View Post
    Noticed the same thing - pump usually comes 48 hours after anns and especially on a Friday.

Have been buying all the way from 10c to 40c, and all the way back down again, with probably 25% of purchases between 25c-18c recently, so happy to see it moving up again. Hope for a nice strong finish to the year
    Yes its the LRS way ...

stupidly sold big chunk of my 20c av priced recent purchase of LRS shares just over 23c !! ..still got 230k shares sell order 25.5c ... thinking we could see a retrace to 20c prior to move higher ... will reap me about $20k trade profit for couple weeks hold ... be good to repeat that again over DEC/JAN..
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Quote Originally Posted by Azz View Post
    JBmurc, I reckon you've found a nice niche in these mining small-ish caps! ARV.AU has been a bit quiet though. Greatland in same area is up about 40% since I mentioned it to the punters here.
    Yes my style has been refined over 20yrs of some tough years esp 2012-2015(and COVID 2020 MAR !!!!!) trying to be a GOOD trusting S/H thinker in timeframes rather than profits in the trade ..

think when you look at a chart and see how the SPs in these micro-caps (sub A$700mill) can oscillate 20-30% over and over again .. why not take quick 5-10k profits on the moves ...

these days I kick myself when I get a great BUY like say TER has been most recently purchased 4th and 5th DEC sold some today and could sell the rest and take a A$6450 profit .. from 49k investment and few trading days held ... to me thats real fun making money in the market quick and pretty safe
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Quote Originally Posted by Azz View Post
    It's a difficult one (refining strategy for your trades) - every now and then the quick profit sell will mean the loss of a double or triple or more on possibly only a slightly longer hold.....! And vice versa. It's a tough game. But you sound sorted.
    Yes, the basis is making more profitable trade value than taking losses ... never going to stop the odd poor trade just don't jump headlong into making it worse than needs to be ...my last very poor trade AHQ .. lost like 85% of a good size chunk of change during 22..that was uppercut I needed after making HUGE trades one after another getting to Cocky ..

On LRS ended up buying up close to the end of trade much of those sold above 23c ... just couldn't find a better location for the funds ...sold out of TER 39c smartly

I get the feeling LRS will go for a run in the new year on major updates due ..so not a bad place to kick back again

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    Yes, the basis is making more profitable trade value than taking losses ... never going to stop the odd poor trade just don't jump headlong into making it worse than needs to be ...my last very poor trade AHQ .. lost like 85% of a good size chunk of change during 22..that was uppercut I needed after making HUGE trades one after another getting to Cocky ..

On LRS ended up buying up close to the end of trade much of those sold above 23c ... just couldn't find a better location for the funds ...sold out of TER 39c smartly

I get the feeling LRS will go for a run in the new year on major updates due ..so not a bad place to kick back again
    Yep we can all make those mistakes at times. Discipline is the key.
    Overall though JB you must have a fairly high tax bill to pay off all those gains.
    But you don't pay tax unless you make money.