sharetrader
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Advanced Member

Thumbs down Flick the Flicker

Is anyone else finding that that annoying "Flick your broker" ad is causing their cursor to keep flicking for the rest of the session? (Sounds rather rude, doesn't it!)

Away with the Flicker, I say.

Quote Originally Posted by COLIN View Post
    Is anyone else finding that that annoying "Flick your broker" ad is causing their cursor to keep flicking for the rest of the session? (Sounds rather rude, doesn't it!)

Hi Colin.
    I thought my Mouse needed batteries

That broker owes me a couple of AA's I reckon

Advanced Member

Flicker seems to have been flicked. Someone must have got the message, thank goodness. I am now migraine-free again.

Advanced Member

Drat. It's still there. I have just stumbled across its hiding place and got a nasty bite.

percy

thanks for bringing this to my attention.I am still a computer novice and thought my computer was playing up.I am scared to buy another because I can not remember my telecom password,which got changed one time I had trouble.I cann 't understand the help line whose people do not have English as a first language.So was not sure what I was going to do.I went back to Dick Smiths where I brought it to be told to piss off.

If you use a programme such as CCLeaner http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

That will get rid of it!
    There is an option to keep what "cookies" you want,so you can keep log ins for sites such as sharetrader
    Percy - for you though using it might also get rid of ypur password!

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    thanks for bringing this to my attention.I am still a computer novice and thought my computer was playing up.I am scared to buy another because I can not remember my telecom password,which got changed one time I had trouble.I cann 't understand the help line whose people do not have English as a first language.So was not sure what I was going to do.I went back to Dick Smiths where I brought it to be told to piss off.
    Are you serious? It's not going to be difficult to get a new password. email them or ring back If you can't understand the person ask for the supervisor. But apart from that you haven't been a computer user for long so I have no idea why you would want a new one. You should get many years out of a laptop, which I presume it is if it came from Dick Smith.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Are you serious? It's not going to be difficult to get a new password. email them or ring back If you can't understand the person ask for the supervisor. But apart from that you haven't been a computer user for long so I have no idea why you would want a new one. You should get many years out of a laptop, which I presume it is if it came from Dick Smith.
    Thanks fungus pudding.Yes my acer aspire 5310 is all I need.I have not had any problems for some time now.I had a problem getting onto the internet,rang telecom,on the phone for an hour,pleaded for some one who's English I could understand.Had to get daughter to ring the next day.New password which she wrote down on a piece of paper which I thru out.Brought a new computer for grand daughter,but can not use it here as do not know the password.As I am not allowed to ring telecom,daughter rang them,tried different passwords but nothing worked.So have to wait for the next full moon before she tries again.So when flicker started flicking I thought "here we go'.Can not remember what was wrong when I went back to Dick Smiths but they were not helpful.I had a neighbour who sorted out everything for me.The acer I brought for the granddaughter was $499 reduced from $1299.Mine was $799 about 4 years ago.Granddaughters looks to have all the bells and whistles.

jeez I thought you guys were going to tell me about Flick the little fire engine .... my favourite story in times gone by

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by COLIN View Post

It sends my netbook haywire. I have to restart the damned thing. Sometimes it just freezes up completely and I have to power it down to restart. Bigger laptop handles it better, but still goes beserk for a while. It's a horrible thing.